Any ghost hunters around?

I'm not sure I believe in actual ghosts, but I do believe that people can leave a mark on the earth so to speak.

There was a place in Tallahassee that was a Tuberculosis hospital that was then changed into a mental hospital for children in the 60s until it was closed by the health department due to "not staying up to fire code" and possible abuse charges.

After it closed it became a place for college frat guys to have to go spend the night for initiation and started to get kinda beat up and stuff stolen out of it, etc. But it was always a place kids broke into at night for scares and such. We went several times and took a lot of pictures. It really had an "aura of sadness" to the place . You could kinda feel the death and sadness just being in there.

As for weirdness, nothing ever happened while we were there.... but we did scare the **** out of many a college student with chains and various moans we would do in stair wells , following around other people who would come in LOL.

I've also felt the same sadness and loss feelings when visiting many civil war battlefields and older cemetaries.

Ok I wanted to go check this out before I posted in this thread. In San Antonio we have a famous ghost story about a train track crossing on the south side. The story I've always heard around here is that there was a school bus full of children crossing the tracks. It became stuck on the tracks. And a train came at the same time and hit the bus killing some kids and the driver. There were no crossing arms on the crossing and there still isn't any today.
So the legend is that if you go to the tracks and place and park your car in neutral 30-40 yards back from the tracks, the ghost children will push you past the tracks out of harms way.

So I go do some tests. Many say " Oh its because your rolling down hill." No! its not true. You actually roll up hill! I know! its weird! I even took a leveler out with me and a basket ball. It is up hill.

I placed my car 40 yards back and set it in neutral. Your car just sits there for 30 sec or so, and then the car slowly starts to roll up at less than 5 mph. As its rolling you can hear gravel on the ground as if people are walking on them. As you get closer to the tracks you start to feel strong pressure in your chest and it becomes harder to breath. You car rolls over the tracks and you just need to turn the wheel to avoid going off road, and the pressure is released.
I also did the baby powered test. I cleaned the back of my car with cleaner and a towel while wearing gloves. Then put baby powder over the back and back sides. After the event you can actually see little hand and finger prints. I think I may go back soon and get some video and audio but I don't have much equip yet. But just wanted you all to know about this one. Theres a site that says some thing about it too.

Video

Heres a story about it
The Creepy Legend of The Haunted Railroad Tracks

Actual driver

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok I wanted to go check this out before I posted in this thread. In San Antonio we have a famous ghost story about a train track crossing on the south side. The story I've always heard around here is that there was a school bus full of children crossing the tracks. It became stuck on the tracks. And a train came at the same time and hit the bus killing some kids and the driver. There were no crossing arms on the crossing and there still isn't any today.
So the legend is that if you go to the tracks and place and park your car in neutral 30-40 yards back from the tracks, the ghost children will push you past the tracks out of harms way.

So I go do some tests. Many say " Oh its because your rolling down hill." No! its not true. You actually roll up hill! I know! its weird! I even took a leveler out with me and a basket ball. It is up hill.

I placed my car 40 yards back and set it in neutral. Your car just sits there for 30 sec or so, and then the car slowly starts to roll up at less than 5 mph. As its rolling you can hear gravel on the ground as if people are walking on them. As you get closer to the tracks you start to feel strong pressure in your chest and it becomes harder to breath. You car rolls over the tracks and you just need to turn the wheel to avoid going off road, and the pressure is released.
I also did the baby powered test. I cleaned the back of my car with cleaner and a towel while wearing gloves. Then put baby powder over the back and back sides. After the event you can actually see little hand and finger prints. I think I may go back soon and get some video and audio but I don't have much equip yet. But just wanted you all to know about this one. Theres a site that says some thing about it too.

Video

Heres a story about it
The Creepy Legend of The Haunted Railroad Tracks

Actual driver

Did ghost hunters ever do anything with this?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not sure I believe in actual ghosts, but I do believe that people can leave a mark on the earth so to speak.

There was a place in Tallahassee that was a Tuberculosis hospital that was then changed into a mental hospital for children in the 60s until it was closed by the health department due to "not staying up to fire code" and possible abuse charges.

After it closed it became a place for college frat guys to have to go spend the night for initiation and started to get kinda beat up and stuff stolen out of it, etc. But it was always a place kids broke into at night for scares and such. We went several times and took a lot of pictures. It really had an "aura of sadness" to the place . You could kinda feel the death and sadness just being in there.

As for weirdness, nothing ever happened while we were there.... but we did scare the **** out of many a college student with chains and various moans we would do in stair wells , following around other people who would come in LOL.

I've also felt the same sadness and loss feelings when visiting many civil war battlefields and older cemetaries.

Is that the Waverly Hills Sanitarium you're talking about?
I want to go there! Didn't TAPS do a live all night long ghost hunt there last Halloween? I didn't have cable at the time, so I missed it.

If you've got pictures, please send them to me! I know you said you didn't experience anything, I'd just like to see pics.

Well here is a very recent story, it happened a few nights ago.

So I went over to a friends house to spend the night. When I got there, there were 2 of my other friends there. So we go out and eat some mexican food and go back. We all then decide to go to jack in the box.. and keep in mind this was about 2 hours after we ate all that delicious mexican food. We decided to go to our old middle school, where it is supposedly haunted, and let me tell you, there couldnt have been a single person there, like thiefs, or homeless people, because anyone would have already crapped their pants there.

So anyways, it's 2 AM and we are all out walking towards the school, the first thing we see is a dark, dark, dark, school. That initially freaks us out, but we keep walking on the street. Then at the entrance my friends stop and start freaking out. Honestly I wasnt all too scared. I was willing to go into the place alone if I had to.... That is until just 3 of us stepped into the entrance when things felt really bad. I was more aware, than ever before. Just 3 minutes into the entrance, and we heard a blood curdling scream, not once, but twice, one exactly like the other, but for some reason, we didnt freak out, mostly move our heads in that direction. Also keep in mind that this is pitch black and it adds even more to the mood. So we keep walking slowly, and we all hear a door slam shut, and we just make a mad dash to the streets. My heart was beating so fast because its one of those moments where nobody should make any sudden movements, or you will scare the living hell out of everyone else. I was the only one telling them that we should go back. It wasnt too scary although that scream and door slam did startle me. I wish we went back though, I was curious for more. We ended up staying out the rest of the night, and just doing stupid stuff.

A few years back me and two good friends were making our way home through an area of Norwich called Catton in the small hours of the morning. We cut through an alley way which we had used many times before. This alleyway is about 100m long with a 90 degree bend in the middle and is lined with 6ft fences on either side. As we entered the alleyway there was a lady walking her dog in front of us. i can remember her turning around as we entered the alley (the moonlight caught her face). I can remember thinking she must be scared with three lads following her at night in a dark alleyway. anyways she turned the corner in the alleyway and we turned it about 10 seconds later. There was no one in the alleyway in front of us. I asked my friends where could she have gone? they replied that neither of them had even seen a lady. The alleyway was too long for her to have run away and my mates never even saw her. I believe this was a ghost.

This is pretty weird. Google earth has a marker for the bus accident that was suppose to never have happened according to the city.

bus.jpg

Creepy...I have heard of that story before about the bus accident and how the kids push your car across the tracks. That is so cool that you were able to do it!

I have another creepy story that involves a bus that my grandfatehr told me. It was up north (I recall Penn. for some reason) and it was my grandfathers cousin and his partner and they were eating at a restruant. Well, they left the restruant and went to the cop car where a boy walked up to them and knocked on their window. They exted the car to talk to the boys and he started crying uncontrolable. So they asked him if he was lost and he noded yes. So they asked him to come in their car and they would take him to the station. Well, they get going and when they pass an certain intersection the boy tugs the partners shirt and still crying points down the street they just passed. Well they U-turned and turned down the way. They kept on going and when ever they thought of turning around they boy would belt out in tears even louder than before. Well way out of the way and out of town. There is a big clearing in the trees that shouldn't have been there. So they stopped and told the boy to stay and went to go chekc it out. When they looked over the tree clearing, they saw a rolled over school bus down in the deep ditch. They called for paramedics and and started doing precedure. When they finally pulle dout the bus, there was a whole class, teacher, and driver inside. All were in pretty bad condition as thier bus took out a whole bunch of thick trees and then rolled down a decient drop. Well evenyone was ok except for one boy. He had bleed from the skull and there was no pulse....it was the boy who lead them there. They ran back to the car and the boy was gone...no signs what so ever. The report read that they were on patrol when they found the bus...but they know better.

Ya, I've also heard about the Bust Accident, countless times. But considering the shady people and their programs that have "recorded" the events there, I wouldn't beleive it, unless of corse someone I would trust would do something there,etc. I'd love to see some TDH pics./video of our little paranormal affairs!

But in other news, its happened again. My Indiana Jones figures are haunted. Or at least their accessories are. Came in, sat some papers down on the bed, sat down on it, went through the TV channels, got up, and left. About 45 mins. later, I come back, and well what do you know, a repeat offender, one of the whips has moved from the feet of the toys, over to the side of the desk. :wacko

That's what I told her when she first showed me. But she pointed out that it would have showed up more than once. She went back and tried to reproduce it and could not.

Creepy...I have heard of that story before about the bus accident and how the kids push your car across the tracks. That is so cool that you were able to do it!

I have another creepy story that involves a bus that my grandfatehr told me. It was up north (I recall Penn. for some reason) and it was my grandfathers cousin and his partner and they were eating at a restruant. Well, they left the restruant and went to the cop car where a boy walked up to them and knocked on their window. They exted the car to talk to the boys and he started crying uncontrolable. So they asked him if he was lost and he noded yes. So they asked him to come in their car and they would take him to the station. Well, they get going and when they pass an certain intersection the boy tugs the partners shirt and still crying points down the street they just passed. Well they U-turned and turned down the way. They kept on going and when ever they thought of turning around they boy would belt out in tears even louder than before. Well way out of the way and out of town. There is a big clearing in the trees that shouldn't have been there. So they stopped and told the boy to stay and went to go chekc it out. When they looked over the tree clearing, they saw a rolled over school bus down in the deep ditch. They called for paramedics and and started doing precedure. When they finally pulle dout the bus, there was a whole class, teacher, and driver inside. All were in pretty bad condition as thier bus took out a whole bunch of thick trees and then rolled down a decient drop. Well evenyone was ok except for one boy. He had bleed from the skull and there was no pulse....it was the boy who lead them there. They ran back to the car and the boy was gone...no signs what so ever. The report read that they were on patrol when they found the bus...but they know better.

lol irishfett they made a movie of that story with the kids,its called fingerprints or something,it was pretty good,and i do believe it is based offof a true story.

,e and my friend Col'ika have seen a dark cloak robed figure
it appeared on a street and we went to go see it and when we got there we turned a round only to see it alll the way across the church center glideing away.

a year later i saw it agian it crossed the street in front of me maybe 75 ft or something(bad judge in distance) but it stob and turned at me and the turned and went on its way into some trees,and....i went back to my friends house(back the way i came) and spent the night again...

My wife has always been interested in spirits and reads cards.

We we're renting a house once and we were allowed to redo the gardens. We pulled all the old weeds and **** out that day and were going to finish it the next day. Late that night while watching tv we had an old woman's face float around on the tv. At first we thought nothing but then it stopped and looked at us! We freaked out big time. The next day we planted new plants and while doing so spoke to the neighbour (an old woman) who had lived their all her life. She said our house had 'history' as in the man's wife went missing and she used to love the garden. This had occured 20-30 odd years ago.

Later that same day we left toget some more plants and came home to what we thought a burgled house.All the lounge room contents were all over the room and the bloody tv was on the floor. This occured only in the lounge room. All the doors and windows were still locked!

That night our 8mth old daughter woke screaming. Her room stank and was really cold! We calmed her down and I placed a heater in there to keep her warm. 2 hours later she woke screaming again. Her room still stank and was 'really' cold still!

We placed her in bed with us after that and went back to sleep. About 11.30pm our daughter began to cry and woke us up. We both noticed the freezing cold and within seconds we couldn't physically move! Our daughter was screaming, I couldn't move or talk andmy wife was gurgling. This lasted for maybe 10 to 15 seconds and just stopped. The gurgling coming from my wife was her being choked! This was our introduction to the spirit world! The attacks continued every 30 to 40 minutes until 5am. We packed up and left that house. The realistate thought it funny as we werent the first to complain about it! Wankers!

Since then all 3 of our kids are very much in tune with spirits and my wife talks to my (passed) nan and pop! On one reading my pop mentioned an incident that no one else ever knew about and he (pop) wasn't inpressed with me for it. He says he always hears me toast him when I have a beer.

There have been occasions were I am woken by a 'bad' spirit that has attached itself to me. It stays above my side of the bed and only gives me grief! I have since learned how to defend against such visits. But I still get the odd sleepless night!

We have even spoken to our passsed child that was miscaried. It's not all bad.

My nan (passed) explained how there are different levels of spirits. We wont use a ouija board as they can be plain dangerous. but there is another board we use (can't think of its name atm) that is for 'good' visitors. Since I met my wife it has been very 'interesting'! :wacko

You should tell ur story to discovery channel......I've aslways been interested in spriitual stuff and psyic. Funny thing is I visted 5 psyics who have told me I have great power and the my spirit can be traced back to past the time of the kings.....weird thing with that is none of them will give me books to train they claim that if I do I'm gonna turn to dark magic....I even offered them good money to see what they would say and they still refuse......

Here's an interesting photo I took one Christmas at my mothers home in Virginia..Civil War trenches are still recognizable in the woods surrounding the neighborhood. I'm not a fan of Orbs at all but this one shows trajectory..What do you think?

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back