What Can I do to get Involved

JHunt627

New Hunter
Hey guys.

You might have seen my Name pop up on a thread or two. My Name is Jay and I'm really New to TDH. I'm wanting to try and get to know everyone. What can I do to get more involved? I wanna try and go to events and just make friends. Help me out here (y)

Jay

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey there Jay!!!! Welcome! Park your firespray and kickback haha... Im pretty new myself and you'll find this to be one incredible family. Do you plan on making a costume?

El1te

Hey guys.

You might have seen my Name pop up on a thread or two. My Name is Jay and I'm really New to TDH. I'm wanting to try and get to know everyone. What can I do to get more involved? I wanna try and go to events and just make friends. Help me out here (y)

Jay

One word guys...

DragonCon.

Trust us on this...

JK3

Jodo Kast 3... am I making a huge mistake going to Otakon instead of Dragoncon??? I already had Otakon planned before I knew of it o_O. Where is Dragoncon? I want to make sure I attend next year (should have my Fett done by then :D )

El1te

I wish. Sadly Dragon Con isn't in the books for me this year. Trust me, I've been wanting to go for years now. Any other recommendations?

-edit: Funny enough, I'm going to Otakon as well. As for Dragon Con, it's down in Atlanta.

Yeah I'm working on making ARC armor at the moment. Ill eventually begin making custom Mandalorian but Im lost as far as the helmet goes.

Well if your looking for custom mandalorian stuff... theres a whole section devoted to it a little lower in the forums! Good ideas and help there. What are you lost with it?

El1te

Well I've got no clue where to start. I have the Templates and everything but with the cheek curves and such its very difficult to accomplish.

I'm looking to make a custom suit of Mando as well, just taking it in a much different route. Well, to be honest, I have a few ideas, but that's probably more appropriate for discussion with the Mandolorian Mercs. Though to my understanding, I need to have my armor prepared before I can join them.

Conventions are a great way to meet people. I met a ton of people and even roomed with some people here when I went to CIV. Unfortunately I never kept in contact with them, I really should have. Everyone here is great.

Speaking of Dragon Con, how soon is that coming up?

There's is always someone from here at any major convention. Joining the 501st would also get you to meet more people in person, though not everyone here is in the 501st.

Your Question: What can I do to get involved?

My answer: Sell highly illegal nuclear devices.

Im kidding, dont do that.

Here are other ways to get involved. Cons are a great Idea. Almost any big convention, you can expect some of us to be there. For example, the San Diego Comic Con a few weeks ago. You have the Spokane comic con, New York Comic Con, DragonCon, Wizard World (Although I dont know how mando armor holds up against lightning bolt.)

Or you could give us your address and a few of us can make it over there and sing you a song?

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back