Jango Fett Open Seasons

:Dtheir was a thread about 2 or 3 mts ago about a guy tryins to sell ,or trade a bradley fett jet pack ,with armour ,and gounts .look for this thread about 2 or 3 pages back and contact him .you should im sure you can come to an agreement, or buy the hole thing for 300 and flip over the chest pieces and guant youl have no trouble getting rid of what you dont want. i think he wanted something close to 400 for the hole thing , but it was a grip of stuff.:D

Ok, Ive purchased a used stubby jet pack from another use here at TDH! I decided to go with stubby, because it always seemed more like the one in the comic than the normal JP, and painted silver (possibly with a mod to the rocket) it would look perfect for the part...least in my opinion, lol. Anyway here's a picture. (this is a pic he had posted, I dont have it at my house yet...the gauntlets and boots are not mine :))

DSC00405.jpg

Ok, Im all finished for now...for today...

I have completed the painting on the helmet, and ear peices, minus the weathering, which I will do before I put the lens in, and all I need to do is find an RF stalk (anyone know where I can get one?) before I continue. Here's a couple of vids of my progress.

http://s306.photobucket.com/albums/nn272/casiusfet/?action=view&current=P1020230.flv

http://s306.photobucket.com/albums/nn272/casiusfet/?action=view&current=P1020237.flv

http://s306.photobucket.com/albums/nn272/casiusfet/?action=view&current=P1020238.flv

Thanks! I've really been wanting to work on this lately, but I've been super busy. :wacko Hopefully I will have more progress pics soon. :facepalm

P.S. Anyone know where I can get an RF Stalk? I dont need anything fancy or hollow, just looking for one; already have the RF. Thanks!

Quick update...Bobamaker has assured me that my vest is finally complete and once he finished up on my RF stalk and circuit he will be shipping it for me. Yay! Soon, I'll be able to finish up my helmet! I have the lens I need to cut out, but I still need to put some thought into how I want to pad it. Anyone have any favorite ways? Thanks!

Looks great so far!

Oh, and updates on the jet pack? With the videos, it's like waiting for the next episode of my favorite show. "Next week, on the Jango Fett Open Seasons build-up, we'll find out how the jet pack will turn out! Or will we? Tune in next time!" :p

Thanks for the comments, lol, it's like you guys have revived my thread! It's not that I've wanted to quit, it's that I'm waiting on my parts from Bobamaker. I really wanted to finish this by Halloween, but I won't be upset if I don't; I would rather have it look awesomely good than to have it rushed together. Don't worry, costumers...my Star Trek Uniform awaits for this Halloween. :lol:

On a more serious note, I hope to be able to make some more progress, and soon. I've got a knee kit I can start working on, if I get time, so maybe I'll do that while I'm waiting. Stay tuned, and find out! lol!

(Unfortunately, no JP progress yet...I still need to sand/prime, then paint it. Unfortunately it will be a mildly boring pack, since it will need to be all grey to match the comic. Maybe I can start working on that soon too :))

Yes, I personally like the look and feel of the Boba vest more than the Jango vest. I guess I just don't much like the leather is all. In the comic it actually doesn't look like he really even has a vest on, but when he does it looks alot more like it is flexing and wrinkling like cloth than leather. So in my opinion the vest style is up to the person making the costume, if that makes sense. :confused

Last edited by a moderator:
YAY! Lots of helmet progress...here's some fun pics and vid, for your enjoyment....though I do have a plea for advice. I've got a bondo'ed RF and I don't know where it came from, it came with my helmet...however, I've got a throw-away Rubies I've done some experiments on and the RF, which is already painted to my specs, is the exact same size, but is hollow. Do you guys think it would be bad to cut off the Rubies RF and put it on my helmet?

Anyway...here's the promised pics and vid (sorry I'm talking so fast in the vid, it had to be under 100MB for me to upload it to photbucket and I had alot to say lol)

http://s306.photobucket.com/albums/nn272/casiusfet/?action=view&current=P1020288.flv

P1020281.jpg

To cut, or not to cut...that is the question.

P1020286.jpg

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back