MR Laws AT-AT Helmet WIP

Oh snap :lol: At least I'd only painted the frown and vocoder, I could've stuck all the decals down and fitted the lenses, thank god the clone has taken up most (all) of my time lately (y)

Dude, you just inspired me to try and finish one of these bad boys this year.

I love you..

But seriously, I have been wanting to do one of these for quite some time. I planned on buying the whole Law's suit. Armor, helmet, box, the whollle thang son. I would probably buy it as a kit, but who knows..I am always very satisfied with Law's stuff, and in fact I am getting a new TIE bucket from him very soon.

Good luck buddy, I will watch this thread with a lot of interest.

I happened to open up SWH yesterday on a whim and BAM!... Stumbled on news I just had to share. I feel for all those Drivers out there that are compelled to redo their stuff now.

I have to say that when I found out I laughed out loud - the owner must have thought I was some kind of freak "grey, snort, heh heh heh, grey, snort, just wait till the guys find out, heh heh heh, snort" :love

I've been working on 2 AT-AT replicas for about 3 years so its a good job I'm a sloooooow prop maker. Ive spent the last week trying different shades of grey.

Cheers

Jez

Its certainly a very very light shade of grey, the photo that Art posted comparing the AT-AT and the TIE proves that :lol:

Except the AT-AT pic used was so over exposed it came out looking white

Here's my replica. Same helmet, different exposure

Jez_atat_4stops_under.jpg

Jez_atat_nat_expos.jpg

Cheers

Jez

Indeed, I'm starting on this tomorrow, painting it the correct colour, I may even have a go at the tube stripe decals which look like pinstripe material

You know, when I saw that thread over on the RPF about it being grey, I knew of 2 other people, including yours who were painting up an ATAT helmet, I was thinking to myself that a few of them were going to be cursing up a storm rofl

But Ive always wanted to get one of these kits

I was lucky in that I'd only applied the main white and the black on the frown and vocoder, I know a few people who are literally going back to primer....ouch :lol:

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back