Costumebase: Still "alright"?

Fettsgerald

New Hunter
I found an old thread where Costumebase's vests and jumpsuits were being assessed, and it from what I could tell "you guys" came to the conclusion that they could be a good starter suit with some modifications to the sleeves and shin tool pockets.

I guess my question is, is this still true? With mods, are they 501st acceptable with the modern day standards?

Thanks,
Stephen

It boils down to how strict the garrison GML is. In all honesty, only about 5% of GMLs use the official standards. I am the GML for my garrison, and I have seen the costumebase jumpsuit before, and I have to say that it's not that bad. Just be sure that you lower the shin tool pockets and shorten the double sleeve, also make sure that it is the right colour for the version that you are doing.

I had one (ROTJ jumpsuit XL) Its brand new, it was way too small on me but then again I'm 220lb :(
so I sold it to stellerdude, and it was still to small for him. I would shoot him a PM f I was you, he may still have it. You could prob get it pretty cheap!!

It boils down to how strict the garrison GML is. In all honesty, only about 5% of GMLs use the official standards. I am the GML for my garrison, and I have seen the costumebase jumpsuit before, and I have to say that it's not that bad. Just be sure that you lower the shin tool pockets and shorten the double sleeve, also make sure that it is the right colour for the version that you are doing.

Hmm.. Right now I only see one version of a jumpsuit in CB's store right now, and it doesn't specify what type it is. Its grey in color, so I am assuming its suitible for ESB.

vadr_h8r, thanks for the tip, but I am going down the ESB route. Dang, that would have been nice though!

grey is actually for ROTJ and light blue is for ESB.

Oh. I see. Well the jumpsuit you had looked like this, right?

boba1.jpg

Its cotton, so it would be possible to dye it to make it alittle more blue-ish, right? If thats the case, maybe I should shoot your friend a PM after all!

Actually, very very very light blue is ROTJ, and pale blue is ESB.

The ROTJ colour is very faint and faded, looks more white with the age of grey on it.

From up far and up close, the ESB suit is definitely blue. If you were to buy that jumpsuit, just use one package of Midnight Blue Rit Dye, that would give it the perfect colour since the base fabric is grey.

i´ve got a jumpsuit of costumebase and it´s ok.

You also need to lower the thigh pockets or your cod plate will cover the inner edges of the pockets.
I´ve re-sewed it within 2 hours (I´m just a novice in sewing :D).

-Thomas

Awesome! You don't always need to break the bank to get the best. I bet with a bit of elbow grease, it'll be fine!

I bought one of their officer uniforms and did some modding to it and it's pretty good especially for the price.

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back