My Custom Design

Thanks for the input buddy. I had no idea Mavericks had been used already?? I've seen them modified and for sale on Ebay to look more like real weapons but that's been it.

I'll be adding a scope to the Night Finder and maybe extending the barrel a bit. Cutting and sanding some of the detail off it too. It arrived this morning(still waiting on the Mav') so I've had a chance to look it over.

Morning guys,

I just wanted to make a quick update here. I've managed to start slapping some fibreglass onto my armor now! It's really satisfying to be able to make progress again. I also get a little kick out of rapping my knuckles onto the armor after the FG has set. LOL! That hard "knock" sound gets me every time. It's like, "Whoa! Armor!" :) .

I've also got the final design for my Gauntlets done. I've tried to break away from the "Fett" look but keep some elements to keep it distinctly "Mando". They both have the flame unit which Boba had but other than that I've tried to give them a different look altogether. The right gaunt is meant to be a utility unit, for first aid or emergency supplies. The left being the armed gaunt with double dart launcher.

Image10.jpg

I'm quite happy with they look. As always guys, feedback or comments are always welcome. ;)

Morning guys,

I'm managing to get some time in on fibreglassing my armor this week. Today I even hope to get some more filler onto the curved pices like the chest, back and collar.

So far, so good there.

I've also finished my pistols for the time being. They've each had two coats of both silver then black before getting abused with some sandpaper and a scouring pad. I'm really happy with how they turned out. Though I think I'll modify them further later on.

DSC00257s.JPG

DSC00259s.JPG

I've also built my gauntlets and hope to have those fibreglassed today.

LOL! Been doing that today! Though my chest plate cracked where the fibreglass was too thin in the centre. Not that big a deal though, I've reinforced the area with more FG and a little more filler to smooth out the crack.

Good as new! Been making some good progress today and will make more tomorrow!!

I tried a new filler which is a pain to mix with it's hardener due the fact it doesn't change color. I have it worked out now though so should have some nice smooth shoulders, chest and back plate by the end of the day.

For other areas, I'm trying a simple layering of resin to the outside(after fibreglassing the inside) to smooth the srface out and to fill any seams there may be. Then sanding that back to give a final surface for paint. It should be fine since the parts are flat and angular such as my ab plates, cod and butt. I'll see how that turns out tomorrow.

Thanks you guys. ;)

Thanks very much my friend. I've had a lot of compliments here regarding this, and I wish I could say more than a simple "Thanks".

I'm grateful for all the support and encouragement.

No pics I'm afraid(YET), but I have been making progress on this guys.

My vest is assembled now! WooHoo! I did have sleeves on it, well the shoulder bell type sleeves, but removed them as I didn't like them on. So now it's more of a sleeveless vest. I did keep the green stitching idea and it worked a treat! It gives a subtle highlight and will hopefully tie in with the paint scheme when I get to it.

My armor is also coming along. I've been in the garage on the fine days, aplying second coats/layers of filler to smooth out the chest and back plate. The gauntlets are now fibreglassed too! I just need to trim the excess before I try them on and fit the greebles.

I think I mentioned before that some of my armor didn't get the filler treatment but rather several coats of resin to smooth them out?? Well, that's working out pretty well but when it comes to sanding it back to smooth it over the **** stuff seems impervious to my sander!! It takes forever to sand back. Though I'm hoping that a more coarse grade sanding pad will remedy that.

My wife mentioned hosting a fancy dress party for Haloween this year. I could have cried! I just know that my gear won't be ready by then!!! Oh well, there's next year. ;)

I'll try to make more progress today and have something to show you boys and girls later!

Thank you guys! I swear I'll have photo updates this week! Things often don't work out like we planned and last week was no exception. :( I will get this week in the garage to catch up and show you guys what's new! ;)

Thanks Mojo!!!! Can't wait for that knock!!!

I never seen this before. Like the variation on gear. You got some imagination alright.
Any plans when we will see the whole lot on?
Are you a member of something to wear ya costume much in Wales?

Ah, thanks very much Apollo! That means alot. :) The gauntlets are what I'll be trying to finish up tomorrow. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
I never seen this before. Like the variation on gear. You got some imagination alright.
Any plans when we will see the whole lot on?
Are you a member of something to wear ya costume much in Wales?

Thanks ner vod! I'm close to having armor to actually try on. Maybe by the end of the week I can rig up my webbing for the torso armor and try it on? Though who knows. I'll just see how this wek goes. I have work to be doing on my buy'ce too.

As for being a member anywhere? Well I'm a member here and at Mercs. I've met some fellow Welsh Mandos both here and there. Though as for more "local" clans or clubs then the answer's NO. :( Nothing like that here. I've been invited to a con at the end of November but don't see myself being ready by then, plus my verd'ika (baby boy/little soldier)will be born in December so the timing isn't right.

Come the new year though I plan to travel to show and cons with my fellow brothers so I get to wear my gear. ;)

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back