*Official* How to play the part of Fett while in costume...

• Thread starter Migrate from As You Wish
  • Start date
Yeah, one more thing that I want everyone here to take into serious consideration...

Things aren't the same after September 11th. Don't just show up at a theater on opening day of EP2 decked out in your full Fett gear un-announced to the theater owners. They may not let you in.

The big cineplex in my town has since adopted some new security measures banning all packages and backpacks from being carried into the theater, as well as other new policies. So don't go thinking that it's gonna be kosher to go carrying a realistic looking rifle into a crowded public building.

Meet with the theater owners beforehand. Explain to them that you'd be interested in showing off your costume while offering free promotion to the theater. Get the "OK" on everything first.

The same applies to CONS. Find out what specific rules have been laid down before you show up in full gear.

~Brian

Last edited by a moderator:
wow! this is a great thread! im new to this board..obviously ;) ...but im a regular at the RPF(unitedfederationofficers) and at ASAP(UFOlives)
i dont have a fett suit/armor yet...but im interested in getting one....i have a question first though:
ive heard you guys talk about being too short for a fett but i got that covered(im 6'+) but my question is this:
how BIG is too big for a boba fett? im about 255-260 LBS and its not all muscle :( sadly :( is that too...fat to look good in a boba fett suit/armor?

I'm 6'2" and 215 lbs. In order to truely look the part you may need to consider losing some weight. Please don't take that the wrong way. It's only meant as being honest. I'm starting a diet now because I noticed at a con this weekend my suit starting to get a little to tight in spots and I don't want to hear "Boba Fatt" taunts from behind me at cons. I'm going to nip it in the bud before it happens.

What it really boils down to is, for you to decided for yourself and do what you want to do.

I was sort of getting at this in my Obi-Wan Jedi Academy post, but here' s what I really want to know. What are the physical things to do when in costume to get into character? Walk slowly, don't talk a lot, be dignified--what else do you guys think?

the fett nod like in jabba's palace. you have to do that!

Not sure I totally agree with the walk slowly. More like walk with PURPOSE! That really is the key to Fett. It seem sthat every move he makes is minimalistic and purposeful. There are no wasted movements, no showy displays. Unlike stormtroopers who can screw around and ham it up, Fett should be stoic, stern and serious.

or if they say" do you ever talk?" just repley back with " you talk enough for the both of us". but yes watch every spagetti western with clint eastwood..you get some good fett attitdue in it..also read books, comics, of fett...use what is said in them...like fett is known for his " one liners". so use them and make up some of your own...somwething you feel fett would say...

-matt

"I'm a lil teapot, short and....", no that won't work.

"I am a mirror, you are glue,.....", hmm, not that either.

"There was a lil girl, who had a lil curl, ....".

This is alot tougher than it sounds. :(

To really be a Fett, just start break danceing like I did in the Mall :lol:

I sorta did a Party Boy in my Trooper armor, pretty funny.. To bad I didn't take any pics though :D

As for the "slow & calculted walk" that Fett fans have come to love, once you putt your full costume on, you'll understand. Not to take anything away from Jeremy as a terrific actor, but once you're in full suit, (at least this has been my experience,) you can't help but act the part! Why does Fett have such a "cool, calculated, and confident walk? Because you can't see worth a dang out of the helmet & your wearing all kinds of uncomfortable gear! :lol: You are forced to visually scan all the elements in your surroundings & carefully proceed to your destination. If you don't, you might trip over a step, bump into a fellow fan, or fall flat on your face if you dont know exacly whats going on in front of you! :lol: But seriously, once you get the full suit on & your out in public, & people are staring at you w/ awe because you are Boba Fett, (which they will if you have a good suit,) all of your Fett knowlege, be it from screen or novel, or comic book, will instantaniously "kick in," and you will feel confident in your ability to portray the character of Fett accurately! Of course that might be a bunch of Bull S***, but thats the way I feel when I'm in costume! :)

I remember starting this thread about a year ago, before I had ever worn my costume. Now that I've had some experience, I have to say that there is a certain...feel to being Fett. I spend a few minutes before I put on my helmet visualizing and trying to BECOME the character. I think about what a bad-ass I am about to become. Then I put on my helmet and I'm ready to roll. It's a sort of let-down to take the helmet off and become just myself again. (Is that weird?) I try very hard to stay in character whenever I am in public, regardless of whether stormtroopers are goofing off or whatever. The reactions from people who see me are so gratifying because of this!! :D

I think that members of my garrison have given me some of the highest compliments ever when they tell me that I have the walk and the nod "just right." (There is one guy who has asked me more than once to "do the nod!" because he wants to see it again :) ) Let me just say, I LOVE being Fett!!!!

So I guess doing that singing candy-gram delivery job in my fett suit would be out of character... :confused
ST

drvfett wrote:

So I guess doing that singing candy-gram delivery job in my fett suit would be out of character... :confused
Probably...but, that approach just might work out for Mango Fett! :lol:

It's a sort of let-down to take the helmet off and become just myself again....There is one guy who has asked me more than once to "do the nod!" because he wants to see it again

I actually know exactly what you mean. The most I wore it was for five hours I think at a party, and it was such a let down to take it all off. I left the helmet on the entire night too. And I posted on the Jango counterpart to this thread just now, but I wanted to add a bit after I saw how you mentioned "the nod", etc. I think basically...not a bad idea is to just watch the movies. It's been established that "slow" isn't the way to go, but things like that nod, or the slow turn to look at someone (ala Lando) and such...just practice them. And yeah, one has to practice walking anyway because you can't see so well what you're stepping on (I accidentally kicked a sleeping dog with my spikes, oww). But there are key things in the movies that he does...or even come up with some of your own ones. But I dunno, it's like being a kid, playing dress up, just practice over and over being the character.

Wait a minute! Your helmet was on for FIVE hours straight! What was THAT like (besides unbearably hot!).

well....unbearably hot would cover it. I was outside a lot, and...to be somewhat crass, yet honest...there were some ladies there that had some...revealing outfits, and I may have taken a little advantage of the tinted visor. Also, yes, the beer straw is a good idea, and alcohol (plus just the joy of wearing it) makes it a lot more bearable. Is five hours a long time? I would have kept going if my DD hadn't needed to leave.

So far I have only had the experienece of putting on my fett helmet, but whenever I do I automatically seem to put on the " fett-character ". I seem to move my head with ease and scan around, I even find my self moving at a deliberate pace, and I once I put on the imperial march Brandon is completely gone!

Wow, cool thread! I'm going from Sandtrooper to Fett and now I see the difference - Sandtroopers talk quite a bit, but I see how different Fett can be. If you talk - I have one request (well 2 actually) get a good amp and DO THE VOICE! I saw a Fett one time and he looked pretty real until he talked. The guy had this high-pitched voice that just shattered my whole impression of him :lol: AHH it was hilarious ...and disappointing. So please... talk like this:
"As You Wish" | "No Good" | "Put Solo" | "Worth A Lot"

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back