Joker Hexagon Fabric Print Interest

ATTENTION: If you cannot afford the price on these fabrics then I found an alternate route if you don't mind recieving your fabric after halloween. http://spoonflower.com/welcome prints custom fabrics. You can only print 3 yrds or less for $17 a yard (which is NOT bad at all). They are currently in a BETA stage, and I joined their little club thing and ordered my hexagonal fabric. It was shipped yesterday, so I should be recieving my fabric soon. With shipping and everything I don't think I even spent $60. The reason you PROBABLY wouldn't recieve the fabric until after halloween is they are only doing one customer at a time, and I imagine the list is fairly expansive (I joined over a month ago and they just started printing about 2 weeks ago). They only print on one kind of fabric right now, but I can't remember exactly what it was. It's fine to use for shirts though.

Anyway, this was just a heads up. Although you can order up to 3 yards at a time, you can always place more than one order.

neopaquejx9.jpg

Used on black gloves:
GlovesTexture.jpg

:)

you sir....are my hero

ATTENTION: If you cannot afford the price on these fabrics then I found an alternate route if you don't mind recieving your fabric after halloween. http://spoonflower.com/welcome prints custom fabrics. You can only print 3 yrds or less for $17 a yard (which is NOT bad at all). They are currently in a BETA stage, and I joined their little club thing and ordered my hexagonal fabric. It was shipped yesterday, so I should be recieving my fabric soon. With shipping and everything I don't think I even spent $60. The reason you PROBABLY wouldn't recieve the fabric until after halloween is they are only doing one customer at a time, and I imagine the list is fairly expansive (I joined over a month ago and they just started printing about 2 weeks ago). They only print on one kind of fabric right now, but I can't remember exactly what it was. It's fine to use for shirts though.

Anyway, this was just a heads up. Although you can order up to 3 yards at a time, you can always place more than one order.

I would just like to note that the fabric they are printing on is 44" rather than 62" so while 18 a yard for custom fabric at 42" of usable space is wonderful. So is 62" at 26.00 a yard.

Cost from spoonflower = $61.00 for all 3 yards shipped at 42" fabric. On 100% cotton.
cost from kwally on a shirting blend $78.00 for all 3 yards shipped on 62" fabric.
In the scheme of things the difference is definately in the material but its very good pricing!
I will keep them in mind in the furture for other items.

I got the ones from Leather Gloves Online, first of all, they ship REALLY fast, second, I think they are the most screen accurate I've ever seen, all you have to do is use Jacquard's, though I recommend using some black to mix in with the purple, or else the gloves come out way to bright colored. The gloves are amazing though, not just in terms of accuracy, these are just plain old serious quality gloves. Unfortunately, the website is a little misleading about the "removable" wool linings. Yes, they are removable, but the ends of the fingers are sewn in, so you have to turn the leather part inside out and cut the threads. Other than that, however, they're great. Really help add to the intimidation of a 1600 Extractor OTF switchblade ;)

YAY got my costume completed FINALLY shirt is an issue if your going for Mega SA but im not that fussed at the mo

here pics
DSCI1701.jpg

glad you got it completed. just a few words of advice, try cutting and styling the hair so it doesn't look too much like a wig. and try dunking your face in a bowl of water to get the bleed look. right now it looks like you're trying to hard to get the bleed look

OKay I'm posting these here because it doesnt appear most people bother checking the other thread and I would like feedback. If this is a problem I'll remove the other one somehow.

These are the scars that I scrapped. "good enough for government work" though. The points I am aware of: 1) The edge is visible... I used too much silicone so the edge was too thick. 2) the white isnt thick enough because I forgot the pattern of expressions I'd used in earlier tests. And if I thickened it up anymore I'd lose detail so I made it more interrogation-y.
Let me know What you think.
"This is how crraaazzzy batmans made gotham..."
Jokerscreen.jpg

Jokertest7.jpg

Jokertest3.jpg

Jokertest1.jpg

OKay I'm posting these here because it doesnt appear most people bother checking the other thread and I would like feedback. If this is a problem I'll remove the other one somehow.
Sorry, I saw that post on the other thread, and I wanted to reply back, but didn't want to seem like a johnny come lately (even though i've been sort of lurking around the boards for the past few months) doling out advice when august was the first time I ever put on makeup. The biggest part of the effect (in my opinion) is getting the white to looks worn, which I think was done in your test perfectly, so nothing by way of suggestions there. Same with the red, well done. The only thing I could offer a suggestion on is the black in the eye sockets. The smearing on the forehead looks good, but the sockets still look a bit smooth. When I went for dragoncon, my regiment was to make a small black outline of just my eye sockets (cause if people overdo it with the black, it just looks bad in my opinion) and then the whole shutting the eyes as tight as I could and then applied the white, that way I got some nice cracks around the eyes and then took the smallest brush i could get my hands on and made little black streaks into the cracks. And then I just sort of filled in the rest, not really worring too much about having some skin color show though at the places where the colors meet, that's important too I think. But I'm no expert and the more I look at the photos, the better job I think you did. Well done.

But I was also sort of hesitant on replying because I didn't want to seem like a noob, but where does one get silicon to make the prosthetics with? I really want to try that.

These are the scars that I scrapped. "good enough for government work" though. The points I am aware of: 1) The edge is visible... I used too much silicone so the edge was too thick. 2) the white isnt thick enough because I forgot the pattern of expressions I'd used in earlier tests. And if I thickened it up anymore I'd lose detail so I made it more interrogation-y.
Let me know What you think.
"This is how crraaazzzy batmans made gotham..."
Jokerscreen.jpg

Jokertest7.jpg

Jokertest3.jpg

Jokertest1.jpg
If that is what it really looked like... You have the best make up I have seen yet. Absolutely stunning, my friend. What kind of make up did you use? You should sell some more molds of scars! I am not lazy, but I have a bad habit of ruining things like that (crafts) and being like..."I just wasted a bunch of money..." Rock on, though!

Wow, thank you so much. Seeing as I'm able to do the makeup ON my boyfriend, it makes it easier than those of you who have to do it on themselves so I cant take all the credit, there (not to mention my boyfriend happens to somewhat resemble ledger). I will say, though that the trick with the scars is having a silicone MOLD as well. It's flexible enough to conform to the face easily and it keeps all of the detail of the original sculpt. Although silicone will adhere to itself dish soap prevents this very well. Also - on this take I didnt prepaint the scars to match the flesh fully before applying the makeup.

As for if thats what it really looked like... heres a couple more.
They are VERY slightly desaturated, I was trying to figure out what red I needed as most halloween makeup reds are orange based, when it should be a neutral or blue based red.
As for the basic makeup its JUST ****** cream makeup from the tube. You have to work with it fast, though. I DO prefer my creamier makeup for most other applications and will probably try several others before I settle on a final technique.

Jokertest2.jpg

Jokertest4.jpg

Jokertest5.jpg

Jokertest6.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
FROM KWALLY:

Guys, I'm getting pretty stressed about this as well because I REALLY REALLY want to get this to you on time!!! I also don't want to be stuck with a couple thousand dollars worth of fabric....but I'm a man of my word and if you want a refund, I'll gladly give it. I'm going to do my best to get this to you SOON. Right now, I'm sorry to say that my guarantees have gone out the window. The communication with my fabric contact was terrible for 3 weeks prior to printing. Unfortunately, if he would have called me back, I would have shipped the fabric last week! I'm pretty frustrated as well guys! Remember, I'm really not "selling" this to you. I just decided to organize it. My main objective was to get fabric for myself as well! Stay tuned guys! I hope to give you good news!

Is this all part of the plan? :facepalm

I would just like to note that the fabric they are printing on is 44" rather than 62" so while 17 a yard for custom fabric at 42" of usable space is wonderful. So is 62" at 26.00 a yard.

Cost from spoonflower = $61.00 for all 3 yards shipped at 42" fabric. On 100% cotton.
cost from kwally on a shirting blend $78.00 for all 3 yards shipped on 62" fabric.
In the scheme of things the difference is definately in the material but its very good pricing!
I will keep them in mind in the furture for other items.

I got my fabric in not too long ago and it's very good quality, except I was a douche and sent them the wrong sized image, so my hexagons are all about half the size the should be. I don't really mind for halloween, but it's slightly irritating that'll I'll have to reorder and make another shirt for this con I'm going to in may. So, chain, new gloves, and new shirt are on my list of things that need changed ALREADY.

But otherwise Spoonflower did and excellent job keeping me up to date with my fabric and had it printed and mailed to me in 2 days. It only took about 4 days from the moment they told me they were working on it for it to get to me, which was awesome. The material is thick (so I won't have to wear an undershirt of anything) but light (thank god because the frock coat is HEAVY).

Because the pattern I had wasn't completely screen accurate and because I don't need the fabric by halloween anymore and have months to make the second shirt I believe I may order the material from here (just an idea at this point) because Kwally, man, I don't want you to be stuck with all those spare yards of this expensive fabric either. $78 just seems a lot at this point though, so give me a little time to think it over.

Hey guys/gals, kinda been lurking around here for a while and decided to register here. Everyones costumes are looking great! So as I was reading through the thread I saw my name mentioned so I figured for those of you that have not seen my costume I would post up some pics. :)
100_0228.jpg

100_0226.jpg

100_0233.jpg

100_0239.jpg

100_0215.jpg

100_0181.jpg

100_0188.jpg

100_0144.jpg

shoeweathered.jpg

AZ-spidey I tried to register on superherohype but I never got my approval email. I wanted to ask I see that you went with a pleat in the back of the coat. I have been bashing my head against the wall trying to figure it out but somehow think I wont know for absolutely sure how it all goes together until the DVD or blu-ray comes out in december...
Did you have a good picture of back reference that lead you to that decision? to me the back center panel greatly resembles a frock coat with a deep pleat.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back