Joker Hexagon Fabric Print Interest

Hey, Im In! If you Have time to make me a shirt as well. I can private you my measurements if you like, but a men's small is perfect otherwise. Cant wait!!!

Are those suspenders rimming the vest in the pics? Also I was thinking if possible I'd love to get a second shirt. One for the costume and one to wear here and there. Imagine going to a job interview or something in the Hex shirt!!! Looks classy and completly bizzare at the same time.

Pinder91 posted this over on the RPF. It looks more accurate (from what i could tell less stray pixels and missing line segments.)

pinder91-JokerShirtPattern.gif

I love #6 as well. I also think the color looks pretty darn good.

Ok, so the pattern directly above me looks pretty darn good too. I would go with that one for sure...

I would gladly pitch in a donation with my payment for the shirt material. I am glad to see a sense of family among us freaks... ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
I really like Pinder91's and the pixels are so nice that I could easily update the color....I've been thinking pretty hard...The base fabric is obviously a light blue. I would really like to know what you guys are thinking because some are saying that the background is white! I'd like to get EVERYONE in agreement before I send a sample to the company...I want to be as professional as possible with all of this.

I'm wondering all this because I know nothing of vector format and that is what nearly all fabric printers require. Maybe some nice friend could even do this and email it to me when we find a pattern to go with.

Everytime i see the shirt in the movie it looks different to me. I dont know if its the material that changes color in different lighting or what. To me I've seen it as blueish green, light purple and even a very light blue. I also wouldn't mind donating part of my payment for the material or any extra labor in the shirt making. Pinder's sample above looks outstanding. Should real easy to replicate.

I would go with a very light, light blue material with the pattern printed in that dark purple/blue over it. You don't want to deminish the wonderful designs in the hexagons, but I don't think that it is as simple as a white background... :wacko

I would agree, Its not a white backgrounds its a light blue with a dark purplish blue on top. I think we should find the exact color of the base blue. Maybe find the color like you would a paint sample (don't work with fabric so not sure).

Yah this is going to be as tough as decided the pattern was. Cause once again we couldn't pull the shirt off the set to look close enough. You have to think its some kind of airbrush layering or a special wash and dye or a mix of both. The shirt I made is a dye that's a little too dark of a purple its not nearly as atractive as a lighter blue or some kind of blue with a very very lite green tone. So my vote is with Sinister. More blue. Also that the size of the print isnt any smaller. You get too small and way too many hexs. Then it looks more like a golf shirt than a Villan's costume.

Ok, im telling you, you want to print onto white fabric! here is more reasons why...
1_jpg.jpg

site_vest.jpg

those were printed onto WHITE FABRIC, it still appears to have a blue tint... if is lighting and photographic smear, im telling ya. A kid on superhero hype printed on a blue tinted fabric and it looks awful.

Wow guys...I really don't know! I'm not saying SithCamaro's costume isn't good, but it isn't my favorite. I love his Sauron and Jack Sparrow stuff, but he did the Joker for the premiere and didn't have the resources we now have. His is amazing, but we have to judge from the movie and not another guy's costume. As of right now, I cannot rule out that it is a white background...i think that it is a light blue, but I may be wrong! The actual tie used in the movie is a greenish color, but on film appears yellow and brown!!! Lighting and cameras have a knack of skewing colors in fabrics.

Sithcamaro's does look pretty good. Perhaps the print and design is what gives the white a slightly light purple/blue tone. I know when I try and print it onto paper it looks pretty close to the publicity photos. Kwally is right though about film lighting. As we all know, replicating a movie costume can be a nightmare for just that reason. I usually decide on a given photo from the film and stick with the given color scheme. By doing so, I typically get a costume that most people believe is what they saw in the movie it is from. I have been matching my color scheme for this Joker to the Empire Magazine shot, and so far it is looking really good.

Here are my shoes and socks...

Shoes.gif

By the way, anyone given any thought to the material used on the back of his vest. It looks like a satin that matches, in color, the pattern purple/blue from the shirt, but it has a strange dotted pinstripe in the lighter color of the shirt. There is a really good shot of the pinstripe pattern in Art of the Dark Knight, but I have not found anything yet that comes close... :confused

Dude, did you make those shoes??? If you didn't where did you get them?

Kwally, his pattern is definitely off, but his color scheme is right. I know everyone WANTS the shirt to be a dark purple with blue patterns, but honestly, it isn't. It really doesn't match the pants and overcoat, it matches the blue-gray blazer and green vest more.

Idk but I really like the colors in this one! Put these colors in Pinder91's pattern...and I'm voting for that!

jokershirtpatterncopy.jpg

Here is a copy of pinder's pattern with the colors quickly changed to give everyone an idea. BTW Anyone have an idea as to how many yards it would take to do a XXL shirt?

pinder91-JokerShirtPatterncolor edit.jpg

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back