Joker Hexagon Fabric Print Interest

If anyone is having a hard time with the pants, I have contacted a costuming shop that boasts they can find 'any fabric' so I have asked about purple fabric with white pinstripes. When i hear back from them, I will let you guys know. I'm too lazy to dye pants plus I want complete accuracy.

Sweet! I've been looking like a fiend EVERYWHERE, but have not been able to find anything remotely like the pant's material....please let us know ASAP when you get any info!:)
Rob

If anyone is having a hard time with the pants, I have contacted a costuming shop that boasts they can find 'any fabric' so I have asked about purple fabric with white pinstripes. When i hear back from them, I will let you guys know. I'm too lazy to dye pants plus I want complete accuracy.

nice! Definitely interested in that also. I've been to every consignment shop and store that might carry dress pants in a 40 mile radius only to come up empty handed for anything close to accurate in a grey to dye. Having to forgo the dying process would make things that much easier. Though putting them together is another ordeal. Maybe I can get a deal for the shirt and pants :lol:

Long time lurker/reader, and now finally a validated account so I can participate!

I know I'm joining the party REALLY late, but I'd love to get in on the fabric order!

Also, generalFROSTY, let us know what you find out about the pants! :)

I've got my tie, and a lot of patterns and ambition. We'll see if I pull it all together by Halloween.

whether i get the fabric by Halloween or not i would still love to get in on this. i have been following this for some time now, but have just been waiting for the order thread.

a HUGE thank you to all of the people i see putting in their hard work into making this happen. i hope that us that are helping support taking up some of that fabric will help ease the financial burden as well.

okay guys, i NEED YOU!!!! especially you Sinister

how easy would it be to alter this coat...

coat.jpg

to look like the jokers?

surely that collar can be trimmed to match it and then have stitch lines to give the impression it were mad that way?

i've NEVER done anything like this before and wouldnt want to buy it and cock it up!

also, popping the buttons onto the fellas side aint a big job is it?

the coat is really thick so has that 'heavy' look that Heaths does

thought and tips?!!! where do i begin?!!

(i will ask if she comes with it...)

okay guys, i NEED YOU!!!! especially you Sinister

how easy would it be to alter this coat...

to look like the jokers?

surely that collar can be trimmed to match it and then have stitch lines to give the impression it were mad that way?

i've NEVER done anything like this before and wouldnt want to buy it and cock it up!

also, popping the buttons onto the fellas side aint a big job is it?

the coat is really thick so has that 'heavy' look that Heaths does

thought and tips?!!! where do i begin?!!

(i will ask if she comes with it...)

I hate to burst a bubble, but I would start somewhere other than this coat. It is nice, but it would be harder to make it look right than to create one from scratch...

Sorry... :(

That coat would cost much more and take about the same amount of time to alter as it would to make your own. Anyone have a pattern thats close to this Hex shirt. Just a basic pattern. I want to try and make a couple of test shirts on My new sewing machine before I get this fabric. Thanks

I hate to burst a bubble, but I would start somewhere other than this coat. It is nice, but it would be harder to make it look right than to create one from scratch...

Sorry... :(

That coat would cost much more and take about the same amount of time to alter as it would to make your own. Anyone have a pattern thats close to this Hex shirt. Just a basic pattern. I want to try and make a couple of test shirts on My new sewing machine before I get this fabric. Thanks

I agree with these guys. It would be just as easy to find a purple fleece like material, or white and dye it, and make the coat from scratch. I am by no means a "tailor," but I have made a couple of coats before and it really isn't that bad. You just have to have a good pattern to follow. Just my 2 cents.

don't worry guys!!! I working with my fabric guy to get a swatch made then I can authorize production on the large scale. Next time I speak with him, I am going to emphasize the Halloween deadline. I'm hoping to get this out to you with at least 2 weeks before Halloween. It took considerably longer than I expected to get the vector done. With that being said, sereiana did a great job!!! I will take orders soon... Just bare with me!! I'm trying to get the best quality fabric at the cheapest price because the fabric price is separate from the printing costs!!! I'll update soon!! Happy labor day weekend whooo!!!
Kwally,

Please count ME in TOO for the shirt fabric. I have a very nice copy of the pattern I found posted on another site, but have NO idea how to go about ironing it on a shirt!

Thanks!

Howdy partners.

Read the thread in one sitting. Have tried many different methods of recreating the shirt. The best method up until now has been iron-on transfer, which obviously leaves much to be desired in terms of texture and comfort; but looks pretty. Very, very interested in the digital printing method. Not necessarily interested in having it for Halloween. Not interested in having a screen-perfect shirt and a half-formed costume. I say, do it right, or don't do it at all.

So Kwally (and multi-thanks again for your tireless effort in getting this up), you can put me down for the post-October order, whenever that might be, for however many yards equals three medium shirts.

Also: for those aiming to grow their hair out for Halloween, be warned -- it may take longer than you realize. About half an inch per month. Which means, based on which part of the movie you're looking at for reference, you should have started in February.

Oh, and do yourself a favor: spend the extra money and get yourself a nice hair stylist that you meet with every three months or so. I don't think I need to tell you that hair doesn't do what Heath's hair did on its own. And everybody's hair grows a little bit differently. Alterations will need to be made periodically. It's those little things that will make you stand apart from the rest!

Many thanks to the holy trinity of Kwally, Pinder and Sereiana. Praise Heathus!

Last edited by a moderator:
Never saw that one myself until about yesterday. More than confirms that the pattern layout is 100% correct. This would have made my life easier though. I'd say the real winner in this picture is the fact that you can see even better whats going on with the fabric on the back of the vest.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back