Joker Hexagon Fabric Print Interest

I just got done talking with my fabric contact again. When I get the accurate price for the base fabric along with shipping, color match, swatch sample, and sooo on, I will create the new thread to take orders. I'm guessing the price will be $23-$25 a yard shipped. Also, most people will likely pay paypal sooo I need to compensate for paypal's fees. This is what I have estimated. If you buy 4 yards at $24, the total is $96. To compensate for paypal's fee every order must add $3 to the total. So the price for 4 yards shipped will be $99. I know $3 sounds stupid, but with 65-70 orders, losing $3 a pop is about $200 lost. Little bit of money for you...a BIG fee for me. Hope that isn't a problem...I can't imagine it being one. Thanks!

That is totally reasonable.
You have already done so much work for free, why should you have to suck up the cost of any fees.
Happy to pay a few extra bucks to get the best Joker shirt around!!!

Heck yeah, mate.

I am totally content with that extra $3 bucks. I was afraid it was going to be like an extra 20 on top of the order... Awesome. I would hate for you to have to spot one of us. Let's just hope everyone stays in.

Thanks for the hard work sereiana, good luck! (y)

Just a tip, if anyone is going to try to match up the direction of the fabric when cutting, you may end up needing more material. I can't be certain of how much.

Normal sewing practice is, when cutting sleeves, you will put the fabric either right sides together or wrong sides together, in other words you fold the fabric and when you cut out the sleeves, you cut both at one time.

If they folded the fabric along the straight grain, both sleeves would have the pattern going the same direction. If they cut the sleeves at one time, but folded the fabric on the horizontal, you would end up with one sleeve cut with the pattern in one direction and the other sleeve cut with the pattern upside down, opposite the first sleeve.

So you will need to take this in consideration, when ordering the fabric.
I would not be able to determine this, unless I had a shirt pattern and fabric in front of me, but if I was buying this, and I wanted to match the design from the shirt, I would want at least 1/2 yard extra to match the pattern.

On any pattern envelope it will tell you that you will need more fabric to match plaids or a patterned fabric.

Just a thought

Debbi

If this does not make sense, please let me know and I will try to put this in a better way.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just a tip, if anyone is going to try to match up the direction of the fabric when cutting, you may end up needing more material. I can't be certain of how much.

Thanks I was going to mention that when i got back from the dorctors.
Most of us, when buying the fabric, have to round to the nearest yard anyways - so on average most people are going to end up with enough 0 but is is important to consider.

Normal sewing practice is, when cutting sleeves, you will put the fabric either right sides together or wrong sides together, in other words you fold the fabric and when you cut out the sleeves, you cut both at one time.
If they folded the fabric along the straight grain, both sleeves would have the pattern going the same direction. If they cut the sleeves at one time, but folded the fabric on the horizontal, you would end up with one sleeve cut with the pattern in one direction and the other sleeve cut with the pattern upside down, opposite the first sleeve.

That's why people have had a hard time figuring out this pattern accurately.
if you know anything about sewing - you try to match a pattern fabric. In In this case the pattern is flipped from one side to the other. I have my suspicions that this pattern flipping trend continues througout the shirt but I'll have to confirm.

If this is the case, worrying about matching may not be SUCH a big deal for some parts of the fabric. You may not even need to cut the pattern to match like you normally would on patterned fabric - it would save you that extra half a yard.
For me; from a tailoring standpoint the shoulders and collar are the big concern. But then I'm an anal retentive perfectionist that wants everything in the same exact place it actually is.

On the anal retentive side of things...has anyone managed to figure out exactly how the shirt is put together regarding hexagon placements? I was just gonna have a tailor throw it together, but hell...if there actually is a set pattern, I'd be down for that!

Thanks I was going to mention that when i got back from the dorctors.
Most of us, when buying the fabric, have to round to the nearest yard anyways - so on average most people are going to end up with enough 0 but is is important to consider.

That's why people have had a hard time figuring out this pattern accurately.
if you know anything about sewing - you try to match a pattern fabric. In In this case the pattern is flipped from one side to the other. I have my suspicions that this pattern flipping trend continues througout the shirt but I'll have to confirm.

If this is the case, worrying about matching may not be SUCH a big deal for some parts of the fabric. You may not even need to cut the pattern to match like you normally would on patterned fabric - it would save you that extra half a yard.
For me; from a tailoring standpoint the shoulders and collar are the big concern. But then I'm an anal retentive perfectionist that wants everything in the same exact place it actually is.

And it all depends on how "accurate" each individual wants to be. I have truly found all about the levels of accuracy here at TDH, some want every detail exactly the same, and some are ok with "close enough".

And then there is of course, what the actual screen used costume looks like, or you can follow what is closest to the appearance on film, which can be a bit different at times.

So, it really depends how deep you want to dive into the "SA" river.

:lol:

A lot of times, the costuming department will have multiples of items in case something gets damaged. So I wouldn't doubt that there were multiple Joker shirts made. Now they probably used the same shirt consistently in the interrogation scene, but the collar/upper chest might change in regard to the placement of the hexagons throughout the movie.

As for me, I'm probably just going to have it made without matching it up perfectly.

Oh thank God! I ended up turning it into number theory and basically made it 7 number sudoku (which dosnt work) So Thank you Thank you and Thank you. Before that I cut the pattern down on every side hopeing to simplify the issue (Also Didnt work) So Yah I should Add Thank you... DId I remember To thank you? LOL!!!

the hex placement on the collars are consistant through out everyshot of the joker. I have NO doubt in my mind that all the shirts they produced were consistant; movies are anal that way <_<

I would've been so happy with my three joker ties I allready had. Had I not seen the Turnbull & Asser Tie somewhat up close. Just TOoo Beautifull.

I know I wish i had the cash for one, zazzle has a close version (color wise) but it has a white back and it looks much less textured. :(

that one of zazzle is mine lol i took the photo of the scanned tie and put it up if anyone was intersting in getting one that was more greenish, seeing its from the real company...except they arent making those ties anymore apparently so were SOL plus they wanted 175$ per tie.

any news on when we will be getting a finished vector art to all stare at lovingly and to make sure were all happy with it so we can get this badboy rolling to the printer.

kwally when do u plan on making the new list for complete orders as well. were the people have to have their final numbers in there. and i likewish vote for paypal because thats instant payment and would make it faster

All the pattens are vectored.... but I need to get the scale from Pinder before we can male a final print. Its sharper than ever ^_-

well its an inch per side in theory - but pinder would like to scale the pattern off of measurements from the original tie. That should keep it all in proportion. Because of this the hexagon grid isnt set for viewing yet. soon ---- soon.
and yes, CT.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back