Anyone seen or spoken to Ruffkintoy?

Dusty? Sounds like they've been done for awhile and he just didn't bother to ship them till now.

They look pretty good though, especially if you say they look better in person.

Not sure what to tell you about the rivets...I'm pretty sure the originals were fixed on one side and velcroed on the other meaning the plastic had to be flexed a little to get them on and off. I might consider leaving them the way they are so you don't risk breaking them.

Congrats on finally getting them btw!

the original gauntlets don't have hinges... that's just something folks do to make life easier. they don't have rivets either, but that's another story.

You can drill out the rivets. Get a small drill bit, small enough to fit in the dimple from where the rivet was pulled. Then just drill it out. Once you have the rivets out, get a piece of styrene and cut a strip about the size of the lip of the gauntlet. This will serve double duty as support for the lip and a base to help fill the holes. Go to Wal Mart and get some Bondo glazing putty. Then just fill in the holes, sand smooth and touch it up. Finally, put some velcro strips to hold them shut.

Wes

No, nothing happened to him, I just think he got burnt out of doing the Star Wars stuff. I used to chat with him all of the time over AIM, and his priorities always seemed to be with his Predator costumes, and he would occasionally joke about making props subpar in comparison to what he used to make.

It's sad to see that all of this had to happen. I hope he actually finishes all of the work for the orders he took, I'd rather not him see that he got banned, so out of spite him intentionally not fulfilling his orders.

Um, when did I joke about making things subpar from what I use to? I think people are starting to make stuff up about me now.
I'm sorry I don't get around here as much as I use to but it's no reason to be saying things that are not true!

Now to address the topic of this post, BH Reaper send me an email to Ruffkintoy@yahoo.com and let me know the situation. Other means of contact are Ruffkintoy on yahoo messenger.

Last edited by a moderator:
well, after 6 months of "air" from Chuck for a flightsuit i bought from him, i got the flightsuit, and really, wish i didnt...it was a lousy excuse for a flightsuit...i made light of it when i told him i got it, i was just happy to get something...i felt like a clown wearing it...i was given excuse after excuse, promised that it was finished and that a tracking number was being given in a few hours, and nothing...then was told he was getting it shipped in a few days...???? just run around... i wont ever recommend him to anyone, and surely wont buy from him again...not worth my time and money...my gauntlets were so bubbled i had to basically redo them...just a complete inconvience...

Fettdad, not sure what your problem is with me when everytime we have talked you haven't brought up any of these issues. I beleive I got you the parts I made in a decent time. If you remember I DID NOT MAKE YOUR FLIGHTSUIT! You didn't bring up any problems to me with it either. When I looked at it from getting it from the maker I didn't see anything wrong with it. If there was why didn't you bring it up to me? Also how were your gauntlets bubbled? and why didn't you say anything about that? I don't know why people are bringing stuff up here but don't say it to me.
I do respond to emails, maybe not in a day or 2 like people would like but I do. I might not have responded to PMs through TDH recently because I haven't been on here recently.
As for the rivets on Pauls gauntlets, they were extra precaution for connecting the fiberglassed shells along with glue. They really aren't even noticable. Also, Paul never requested hinges to be put on and then asked about them after he got the gauntlets. I offered to make him a new set with hinges and exchange them for those when I am caught up. No extra charge or anything. Now if I am out to screw people out of money like people are claiming here why would I do this?

A Question to TDH about my banning

I am curious why I was banned for 2 weeks?
The COC says this

The administrative staff will not assume responsibility for transactions conducted on the board, and therefore will not act the role of mediator, negotiator, arbitrator or enforcer of any sale. These are private transactions, and the purpose of allowing such sales on The Dented Helmet is ONLY to help members sell and buy items from one another. However, if The Cargo Hold is used as part of a deceptive or fraudulent transaction, swift and decisive action will be taken. Banning of involved parties is one potential outcome.

I have not sold anything in the CARGO HOLD, so how can I be banned? All my sales have been in a private manner and I am not ripping people off.

Ruffkintoy has been banned for 2 weeks. Reason, he has taken money from members and will not respond to emails or PM's about when the items will be sent. When he does say that an item has been sent, it is not always true. I have info from 2 people that he told them in November they would have items by Christmas. They have not gotten their items and he has yet to respond to the Admin's PM's or anybody else's. This has been an ongoing problem with him. He does have time to sell items on other boards.

I do reply to emails, maybe not the same day but I do reply. I haven't been on here much recently so haven't recieved the PMs to respond. When did I say I sent something that I didn't?
As far as other boards, this concerns TDH how? As here I am not selling anything on the for sale section am I? How long was I given to respond to 1 admin PM? a week? over the holidays.
Yes, I have had delays recently. I am getting people their stuff as soon as I can. Sorry for the rant but I think if there's a COC saying one thing then it should be that way or be revised.

Chuck,

I sent you an email a couple of months ago about the state of my gauntlets and all the bubbles in them. I sent you pictures of them showing the bubbles. Do you recall this email that I am talking about? There were more bubbles in the gauntlets than when I gave my son a 1 litre of blow bubbles last summer. However, funny that I didn't get a reply from you on that (even though you are asking people to talk to you directly about the problems that we have.) Not that I'm expecting anything from you on this now as I have tried and failed to fix this on my own and I wouldn't want to wait another year for a fix.

Just my thoughts.

Also to the admin's. If this post is inappropriate please remove it. This has been my experience with Ruffkintoy.

Stussy

Fettdad, not sure what your problem is with me when everytime we have talked you haven't brought up any of these issues. I beleive I got you the parts I made in a decent time. If you remember I DID NOT MAKE YOUR FLIGHTSUIT! You didn't bring up any problems to me with it either. When I looked at it from getting it from the maker I didn't see anything wrong with it. If there was why didn't you bring it up to me? Also how were your gauntlets bubbled? and why didn't you say anything about that? I don't know why people are bringing stuff up here but don't say it to me.
I do respond to emails, maybe not in a day or 2 like people would like but I do. I might not have responded to PMs through TDH recently because I haven't been on here recently.
quote]

you get to a point when the BS is just too much, and you are happy with getting something :facepalm...i did contact you, many times, and all i got were promises about getting a tracking # and my stuff should be shipping the next day...well, after about 5 times of that, you get tired of it...and that is just with the gauntlets...the flightsuit is whole other can....and how about another customer you had, and that i had recommended you to him...i wonder what your excuse for the misleading promises you made to him as well...:facepalm

ya, the gauntlets were ok, for a newby...i built them up, felt like i did a good job on them...but if you remember, there were promises you made to me about them being done and needing to be shipped, but they didnt, time and time again...ya, i got my stuff, thats not the point...its the misleading comments you make to people to get them off your back...(n)

as far as the jumpsuit, you gave me excuse after excuse for your seamstress...ya, you didnt actually make it, but you are responsible for it, since i bought it THRU Ruffkintoy...i was glad to have finally gotten something from you...i didnt say anything cause i was tired of dealing with you, and the excuses...

now, you said that you dont come around here very much anymore...that's fine, your perogative...but if you have customers here, you should leave updates here...how come you can leave updates on other forums and not here for your customers? funny...

if my incident with you was the only incident, then ya, youve got some ground to stand on...but just look around this forum, and other forums, you dont have ground to stand on, cause i am one of many in the same boat...sorry, but people have to know what you are doing, or should i say not doing...i dont know you personally, you seemed cool via email, but i had to speak up and state my experience when i saw the same thing happening to others as well...:)

To all involved parties

I am sorry for takiing so long on your stuff, I have had delays like I has been mentioned before. Things happen, nothing much can be done about that. I am not ripping people off, ignoring people, playing favorites etc. No one has gotten a part within an hour of ordering, not sure where that came from. If you have a problem with something you got from me, contact me and let me know. Don't say everythings good to me and then later on bash me for it when an issue comes up.
Don't say I don't respond because I do, might take me more than a day or 2 because I don't live on the computer. I sometimes don't even get online for weeks because I am to busy working on peoples stuff or trying to keep up with my personal life.
I've had people get mad at me for not responding to an email that they never even sent so hows that my fault? I understand the waiting game, I have been there as well I know its frustrating.
Everyone should have my email but I'll post it here again. Ruffkintoy@yahoo.com If you don't get a response from a PM, send me an email, I will get back to you as soon as I can. I am also on yahoo messenger under Ruffkintoy I'm on myspace and facebook just look up Chuck Ruffing
I'm not hiding from anyone or TDH, I do go to the hunters lair alot because I have been making predator stuff for myself. I was done with my Fett for awhile, actually haven't worn it in years. I will be remaking my ROTJ suit at some point so guess what, I'll be on here more when I do. Thats the only reason I haven't been on here like I use to be. No conspiracy or anything LOL
I'm almost caught up on orders and I haven't really been taking orders because I have been trying to catch up. I could go into what got me so behind recently but I won't because certain people are saying I am making excuses or blowing "air" . If anyone cares or wants to know anything just ask.

here's a question...why so long for this kind of response? take a look at the first post in the "anyone seen ruffkintoy" and then take a look at the date that was made, and then the dates from then on...people have been talking about you for how many months now, and you just now feel like its time to come out and speak up for yourself? thats my question...let me guess, you get tired of the BS and dont say anything...

Chuck, the problem your customers had, and i had until i got my stuff months later, was when you say you will have something completed in a couple of weeks, and then its 4-6 months later, and during that extra time you tell your customers that a tracking number is on its way, or the items are being shipped out tomorrow, and then weeks later still nothing....?? and then you dont answer emails, or pms....that freaks people out, man...that is the problem, and i would like to hear straight from the source the reason behind it...

it is YOUR responsibility to let your customers know what is going on...dont give the excuse of "oh, i dont get on the computer much" cause man, you have an online business, you better start using your computer more...that is just irresponsible...im sorry, but you have to communicate with your customers, and dont tell them something that isnt going to happen...if you know it will be longer than 2-4 weeks to make something, why do you give that timeline in the beginning? you told me 2-4 weeks for my gauntles, and if i remember right, it was 3 months later...that aint cool...if you wouldve said 3 months at the beginning, ok then...you got it backwards, man....

Stussy, I don't remember getting any pics. If you want, send me another email with pics and I'll see what I can do to fix the situation.

Fettdad, How long did I take to get your gauntlets out? Didn't I ship them seperately from the jumpsuit(even thought ordered together) because of the delay on the jumpsuit?Did you not tell me you were pleased with everything?
Again, what was wrong with the jumpsuit? As for the dleay with the seamstress, how's it my fault? You had asked about a refund but I had already paid her to make the thing. Don't say you are happy with something only to turn around and say your not when other people bring up issues.
As for the gauntlets for a newby, seams like there are alot of "newbies" who have them so I don't know what that comment means.
As for other forums, whys it matter if I go there or come here or whatever? Everyone should have my email if they have questions. Sorry if I don't come here and make a post about something but If I'm not coming here how are people buying stuff from me?
If you are going to "speak up" show off your bad gauntlets and bad clown jumpsuit then.

Originally Posted by FettDad
hey chuck, saw that you were here!! any word on the progress of the jumpsuit? how's it going by the way...i am sending everyone i meet your way for gauntlets....love em man!!

Whats this? thought they were just ok for a newby?

you told me 2-4 weeks on the gauntlets, and it took 3 months...that is a problem...you told me 2 weeks on the jumpsuit....ya, you know how long it took...it doesnt matter if the seamstress is flakey, it makes you look flakey as well...you ARE responsible for her actions, cause i bought the flightsuit from you...i was so tired of the excuses, man, that i was done...i was glad to get something...

why dont you explain yourself when you tell customers 2-4 weeks, time and time again, and it takes 3, 4, 6 months to get their stuff? you have a responsibilty when you take people's money to keep in contact...you have an online business, that means you get online to tell people what is giong on...you dont get online much? well, 5 minutes for a "send to all customers" pm or thread to let people know what is going on is not spending alot of time on the computer...

also, why just now come out and defend yourself? look at the date of this thread's first post...dont say its because you got banned...this thread has lived way longer than that...

as far as not saying anything about the jumpsuit...you really think i wanted to wait another 4-6 months for you/your seamstress to make the alterations? um hmm...

I'm sorry, the topic says to ALL INVOLVED PARTIES. How are you inviolved? I have posted in the anyone seen ruffkintoy, this is not my first posting to orders.
Oh and how do I have an online business? Are people on my website buying from a shopping cart?

Whats this? thought they were just ok for a newby?

when i sent Pete your way, i was excited about helping you out...but when he didnt get his stuff, i looked bad for referencing you...you ruined your rep that you had with me...:facepalm

i liked the gauntlets, they were fine....lots of bubbles, but that is where the newby comes in...i didnt know better...had to use a drill bit for my missle casue there were so many bubbles in the missle head...oops!

What no response to your quote?
I don't know how long it took for me to get you your gauntlets and other parts I would have to go back and look. Again, what online business? And again, what is any of this a concern to you?

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back