My very first scratch build....WOF gauntlets

It's about time to resurrect this dead thread with some fresh and updated pics. I have all four gaunt pieces together, the gaps filled and most of it rough sanded. I'll let the pics say the rest. I'm pretty happy with how they are turning out...........Any criticism/input would be great. Thanks in advance.
DSCF0036.jpg

DSCF00302.jpg

DSCF00312.jpg

DSCF00322.jpg

DSCF0034.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Afraid I don't have very much progress to report but here is what i do have. The left gaunt is painted silver and ready for the final paint and accessories. I will search the forum for the proper color to use on the gauntlets unless someone wants to save me the trouble and post it here.

I need to paint the flamethrower, rockets etc and then they will be ready to attach. I also need to get a hinge for the inside of the gaunt. Any guidance on where to pick up a suitable hinge would be great. Also, is the head of the rocket brass colored or copper colored? thanks..........now on to the pics.

DSCF0033-1.jpg

DSCF0034-1.jpg

DSCF0035.jpg

"Impressive, most impressive." If I can't find a reasonably priced set, that's where I'm headed.

Will, those have come a long way!! Awesome work (y) I believe the rocket tip is copper colored. I used the spruce green in a rattlecan misted with some black just like on my armor. Again, awesome job bro. I need to come over sometime and check em out. ;) Jason

Did you still use the 3mm sintra for the build or did you switch to the 1mm. Looks great by the way.

Did you still use the 3mm sintra for the build or did you switch to the 1mm. Looks great by the way.
I switched to the 1mm sintra. Worked much better. I'll use the 3mm for my jet pack.........I think. Thanks for the compliment. I knew they were going to be a lot of work, but they are taking longer than I thought.

Those are Awesome. I cannot beleive you scratch built those. Can you give us a price check on what your materials cost??? that way we can compare. I know it's a lot of time!!! but WOW

Those are Awesome. I cannot believe you scratch built those. Can you give us a price check on what your materials cost??? that way we can compare. I know it's a lot of time!!! but WOW
3X3 sheet of pvc 1mm foam board from FedEx-Kinkos - $25
1 can of Krylon silver metallic - $4.50
2 tubes of Testors contour putty - $2.50 each
2oz bottle of gap filling CA glue - $4.00

I used a little bondo plus I already had a 5X5 sheet of 3mm foam board that I bought some time ago. Bought it from a garrison-mate and I can't remember how much I paid for it. All prices are approximations.

Thought I should post some now that some of the weathering has been done..................opinions on the weathering so far are appreciated and encouraged.
IMG_0012.jpg

IMG_0013.jpg

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back