Iron Man Pepakura Build!

Kwally89

Hunter
I've been really into the whole pepakura scene lately with all of skip's stuff. So I decided to accomplish one of my ongoing projects and try my hand at pepakura. I work part time at a dealership and all the new cars come with really nice and thin cardboard over the floormats. I've used this as the base for the helmet with the template pieces just glued on the cardstock. It is coming along pretty nicely. I plan to mold it when it is all said and done so I can do the different versions of the armor.

DSCI0095.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice! It's a ton better than when I tried making my helmet like that. I eventually had to scrap it completely. The instructions I were using were weird, some templates were sized differently than others, which threw everything completely off. Are you going to connect the helmet in the back as well?

That's awesome, are you willing to be like Wizard and post templates for others, I'd love to make an Iron helmet after I complete my 3 Mando's.

that looks great,... I've been modeling stuff to import into pepakura but I have a hard time makign things low-poly but detailed enough not to end up w/ crazy jigsaw pieces from pep

Woh! It has been a long time since I updated this WIP. Well, I'm just about ready to cake on some bondo to smooth the surfaces. Does anyone know if I will be able to sand and buff the bondo enough to mold this once? I figured I'd do a prototype mold, get one in resin, and get it perfect. I would then have to mold it again. What do you guys think? If these turn out decent, id like to do a short run of them once it gets warmer!

I just finished putting a coat of fiberglass resin over the finished pepakura build....but I had a bit of a problem. The heat in my garage was turned off for about 2 hours. I quickly turned it back on and set a space heater in front of the helmet. Just as an FYI, it is cold in Iowa...I mean cold! Will the resin kick and cure after it has been cold for a couple hours? It is pretty toasty in there now. I've never had this happen before!

phew! I just checked the helmet and it is completely cured...with some help from a heat gun! I'm going to throw another coat of resin on tomorrow and maybe starting bondo on Wednesday.

Gonna try and get some pictures up today after I sand the first layer of bondo down a bit. The problem is I surf the forums on my iPhone and can't upload pictures! I think...maybe there is a way. I hope to have this ready to mold by april....I get sidetracked easily with my joker project.

hi
i had a go at making one of these but ended up buying one off ebay
i think i should have carried on with the card one the one i bought was
about 3/4 size :cry

hi
i had a go at making one of these but ended up buying one off ebay
i think i should have carried on with the card one the one i bought was
about 3/4 size :cry

Ooo...Ouch! Though this has been a daunting project, it is turning out nicely. I haven't been able to work on it for about a week because of the cold and work. I also get side tracked...very easily with my grail diary, joker, boba, stormtrooper, etc. I have too many projects. This stuff is VERY addicting. I also starting my 300 helmet sculpt today so let's add another to the list! My fiance made me a list and said I had to finish EVERYTHING before I started another....I already started 2 more since then! HAHA!

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back