Mando Armor!

Female Fett

Jr Hunter
Alrighty, so I've finally begun steps in the right direction for the creation of my suit. It's taken me WAY too long to come up with some colors, but I think I've finally stumbled across something that I like.

mando1yj6.jpg

There are a couple of things missing, but the general idea of the suit is fairly well expressed in this. I'm not sure what I'm doing in regards to the rangefinder and 'ears' so I left them out for the time being. I want to do something different with them, but I still have no idea what exactly. Anywho, let me know what you guys think. I want as much feed back as I can get so that this thing turns out right :).

Edit: this picture is based off the drawing I origionally did in my avatar. Just using it for another purpose :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the kind words! I'm still fiddling with the color scheme and once I feel 100% happy with it I'll start gathering supplies for my scratch build helmet ^.^

Edit: Oh! Fast Question, anyone know about how far the red section of Boba's T sticks out from his helmet dome?

I like the colour scheme too! I'm all over the Custom section lately as I really want to try and create my own custom Mando gear.

Looking forward to seeing more. ;)

If you are refering to the Mandibles... something in the region of 2mm

Sweet! Thanks for the info. I'd been looking around and on the web and I couldn't really find anything about how far it stuck out. Looks like it's not that much at all. I've been drawing him incorrectly for years lol! I always drew it as though it stuck out like a cm or something :eek:.

Love the colours,

Makes my orange and blue look a bit like circus tent

Nothing wrong with orange and blue. If that's what you like then you go for it ^.^.

I like the colour scheme too! I'm all over the Custom section lately as I really want to try and create my own custom Mando gear.

Looking forward to seeing more. ;)

I know what you mean in watching the customs. I'd been thinking about making armor for a year or so, but I never really got around to doing it. Finally I started looking online and now I'm convinced :D.

I like the design as well. The colors go well togeather also.

Thanks! I had this color scheme in mind for a while, but I could never figure out what color to use as the suit and the armor detail with the green until just yesturday!

Very nice choice of colors. Looks like your doing a great job on the start-up!

I definately can't wait to get started on the helmet :D. Hopefully I'll have a few supplies for it pretty soon here. Oh and I loved your black and red femme-mando armor that you did :).

Alrighty! So I've finally got some pictures ^.^

.... yes... I know shoes... while it may not be THAT exciting atleast it's something :D.

Sorry if the pictures are a tad icky, used my phone.

So! These are what I'm planning on using:
img00027ae1.jpg

img00029dc8.jpg

Initally I wasn't going to go for something with a heel, but I want to keep with the sort of feminine look that I wanted to do before. I'll eventually add an armor plate to the front in a similar manner to what Jango uses. I think what I'll end up doing is making something of a shin gaurd that will give the sense that these boots go further up my leg than they actually do. My whole thing is to make it feminine without making it outlandishly girly since you can't really do that with the earth tones I picked for my color scheme. The black boots work well in that sense. From the front they look all business, but from the side you can see the heel :).

Plus it'll make me look taller 8).

Last edited by a moderator:
Hah, those boots are a great idea. Given any thought to your choice of flight suit? The picture you drew has everything pretty close-fitting, so a flight suit would have to be tailored or taken in considerably. Of course, the other option would be to simply wear some tighter fitting clothing.

But like everyone else, I like your choice of colors. Especially if you can pull off the thigh-rig that you have drawn, that looks pretty sweet.

Best of luck to you in your work!

Hah, those boots are a great idea. Given any thought to your choice of flight suit? The picture you drew has everything pretty close-fitting, so a flight suit would have to be tailored or taken in considerably. Of course, the other option would be to simply wear some tighter fitting clothing.

But like everyone else, I like your choice of colors. Especially if you can pull off the thigh-rig that you have drawn, that looks pretty sweet.

Best of luck to you in your work!

Thanks for checking it out!

Glad everyone likes the colors since I was thinking about tampering with it and dropping the tan, but since everyone seems to enjoy it I'll stick with it :). As for the soft parts under the armor what I think I'm going to do is get something that's called a body-glove. The ones I've seen are sort of like cat-suits but they are made of a thicker material so they are tight and made out of a cotton material so they should look good under something like this. From there I'll do the flack vest and have that pretty snug, not sure what I'll make it out of but probably some kind of faux leather. What I want to do is use thinnish materials from there to give it a layered look without loosing the nice profile of a slim look. I'll use things like leg wraps and stuff of that sort. I think that the tight clothes will keep it looking "girlish" without loosing the badassery :D.

As for the belt I hope I'm able to make it work. I know that even if I don't get it perfectly like that, that I'll be doing something that wraps around the thighs. I'll probably end up modifying a gun holster to get that 'garter belt' type look.

I've also got a plan for the neck and cape thing that I have never seen done before that I'm really excited about. Don't want to show that off yet incase it doesn't work out, but if it does i have a feeling it'll be pretty sweet.

Hopefully everything will turn out as planned. I'm new to this whole thing so I hope I'm not being too naive in my plans lol.

Hey guys!

I'm about ready to work on a paper version of my helmet before I order my sintra and all that goodness just to make sure that I can actually make this thing lol.

I have a question though in regards to the t-visor on the helmets. I know that the mandibles don't stick out much (around 2mm from what I was told) What is the best way to make that work in a scratch built helmet? Should I just get the thicker sintra?

Couldent you double up teh thickness by placing another piece over the other. glue them togeather then shape them.

No, heres the way it works.

You have an 'under' layer. and then a 'details layer' when you build it from WOF.

Once you glue the details over the 'under' the mandibles will be double thick.

Because you actually cut out the 'tvisor' area when your done. and you put the real visor behind it. Therefore making it double thick in that section.

The details in the reare will be half thickness, and the inner cuts of the visor will be double thick.

No, heres the way it works.

You have an 'under' layer. and then a 'details layer' when you build it from WOF.

Once you glue the details over the 'under' the mandibles will be double thick.

Because you actually cut out the 'tvisor' area when your done. and you put the real visor behind it. Therefore making it double thick in that section.

The details in the reare will be half thickness, and the inner cuts of the visor will be double thick.

Oh ok, I think I got that then. When I do this would it be benificial or harmful to use thicker sintra? Or will it probably not even matter?

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back