Anyone have a vest pattern to post?

• Thread starter Migrate from As You Wish
  • Start date
Dabg Raven,

Thanks a heckuvalot. Thats a pretty good pattern, That even I think I could tackle. Thanks again.

Well, I didn't find the pattern previously posted anywhere around, but I got another one for Cheerleaders costumes (Simplicity pattern #9806 , size R), which it could work as well. In the back of the pattern, there's a diagram of one of the vests that could be modified: sleeveless, with a neck or without it.
Here's the pics of the pattern cover and back:

OJGCZWSDNN-pattern-front.png

JNBXMMNOTK-pattern-back.png

Besides, I got like 3 yards of a really thin, light grey satin (the only one I found so far), which I'm gonna use as the material for the vest, which will be better than the original fabric due to the fact that it's cooler and prevents me of getting too hot with so many things on. I'll be posting my progress.

Robert

Hey Darth, thats funny! :) I just picked up the same pattern & 3 yds of light satin as well! :lol:. We'll have to swap pics when we get our vests done, & maybe if we have problems sewing this bad boy, we can help eachother out. Good luck buddy!

Glad to see someone else with the same start up as I am. :lol: I'll be glad to help in any case with this project. The only parts you only need from this pattern are pieces # 1, 2, and 4. That means that you could do the vest with the collar (piece # 4), or without it, which I'm gonna do it with the collar.
Besides, there's a lot of mods we have to do to the patterns or the final result, like the shoulder pads and the back. I'm about to trace one to do the shoulder pads and measure myself to have the final result to then cut the fabric. I'll be posting my progress soon.

Robert

I looked at that one before I bought the other one I have, which cost me also around $5-$6....but look at the back of the pattern, and check the diagram. I noticed that all the vests I see were "V" neck type, and you need a round neck. Check it out, cause if not, you'd probably want to go back and buy the other pattern.

Robert

hi guys

heres my preliminary vest pattern that ive done during my lunch hour.

Its not finished yet so theres a few things i need to finish off but if anyone can give me there suggestions on where to modify and improve these patterns please let me know

click on the link to download the pdf file of my templates
http://www.uk-scout.co.uk/boba templates/boba armour Model (1).pdf
http://www.uk-scout.co.uk/boba templates/boba armour Model (2).pdf
http://www.uk-scout.co.uk/boba templates/boba armour Model (3).pdf

cheers

neil
uk-scout
www.uk-scout.co.uk
ukbikerscout@hotmail.com
ukscout-webbanner.jpg

Nice work Neil (as usual!)

couple of points. I've made a few vest and find that the sleeve template actually needs to be the shape of a rugby ball/american football, rather than half moon shape.

Where the holes for the arms start, mine go in a little more. Difficult to describe, but if you imagine the first pic is of a wide bottle, the neck of the bottle should be thinner (at least it is on my vests and works well).

The neckseal has less stitching going across. I put 3 lines of stitching across a padded neckseal and it looks good (IMO)

Kudos to you for posting the damn things though. I've been meaning to do a pattern for ages!

Si

Hey Neil!

Great work, as always.

There's another thread here where we're all trying to come up with the number of rows on the sleeves. Some say 14, some think 20, other people came up with 15 (that's what I think).

I'd suggest either 14 or 15 is closer than what you have now.

Cheers!
TJ

For those who made a vest from scratch...did you made the neck based on a straight pattern or a curved one? I'm going for the straight pattern, so it's easier to add the lines to it.

Robert

Han Hunter wrote:

made a few vest and find that the sleeve template actually needs to be the shape of a rugby ball/american football, rather than half moon shape.

If you're doing Jango, yes. Boba, no, I would disagree.

This thread is more than 20 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back