Hasbro clone trooper helmet at Target

I've got one of these and I'm in the middle of modding it myself (see it here). I think there are great possibilities with this bucket - much like how many have successfully modded the Rubies and DP into workable Fett and Mando helms.

David.

I'm seriously thinking on picking up one of these to mod and use as an Arc trooper.

Hopefully after I've recouped some of my costs after FanExpo, I'll finally get one. ;)

Would it possible to use some kind of one way decal or something on the visor? I know that on motor bike helmet visors they use something that they can put on the visor that still lets them see out. That way you would still have the improved visibility of this bucket, I'm presuming this is why that made it how it is.

Would it possible to use some kind of one way decal or something on the visor? I know that on motor bike helmet visors they use something that they can put on the visor that still lets them see out. That way you would still have the improved visibility of this bucket, I'm presuming this is why that made it how it is.

so do you mean you can cover the visor with a sticker to make it more realistic and still be able to see through it on the inside of the sticker?:confused

so do you mean you can cover the visor with a sticker to make it more realistic and still be able to see through it on the inside of the sticker?:confused

I think Bossywalker means window tinting that darkens the visor a shade or two. As it is, the Hasbro Clone visor isn't very dark and the flash of a camera shows the face behind the mask.

Yes, it is possible, but it might not be worth it. The visor is plastic and may not like the tinting material too well. Of course, I've never tried it, so I don't know for certain.:p

David.

Heres and update on the blue and red helmets by Hasbro and their release dates.
hasbroSWIndyPanel52_M.jpg

hasbroSWIndyPanel50_M.jpg

Now my question is How did you fill in around the visor and get it so perfect? I would assume it is filler of some sort? that is a superb job. may have to pick one of these up to hang on to for future use.

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back