Starting a scratchbuilt

that is just plain mean looking! very nice! unless you want to keep it a 100% custom to you and only you, i'm sure you could mold ans cast that think and sell em easy!

Holy Moley...

King Arthur and not having the ability to get dented comes to mind - Arthur Dent???
But Im not gonna joke with someone with a lid like that! Id be scared!!! :)

Wicked helmet sir! Really well done!

Keep us posted on the updates.

Dave

"Arthur Dent" LOLOLOL

That is a serious looking helmet and a great project.

Many, many thanks my Mandalore.

I have some new pics here of my armour, ( very much WIP, but here they are.)
All are steel, carbon/ kevlar composite.

Also a couple of pics of my blaster.

There is a bit of creative history regarding my blaster.....,

My boss' wife is an award winming costume designer and has a bit to do with Weta workshop.
My boss really likes Weta's new line of `Flash Gordon' style rayguns and decided, as a challenge, my blaster should follow along those lines.
I've given it a go ( bear in mind this is still a WIP)
This blaster was built using the Rubies Jango blasters, also, the sound effects still work.

Now another theory I've been working with is an armour package consisting of past family members plates wouldn't necessarily be the same shape.
Surmising these armour pieces could have come from many different time periods I have decide to create armour plates that reflect this.

My visor uses the sandwiched method ( plastic/ tinting/ plastic), It is sitting loose in my bucket at the moment.

100_2205.jpg

100_2206.jpg

100_2207.jpg

100_2208.jpg

100_2209.jpg

100_2210.jpg

100_2211.jpg

100_2212.jpg

100_2213.jpg

Oh I like the hand me down beskar look! It has history, and thats something most kits don't have.

Your kit would also make a serious Crusader era mando, no doubt. There's alot of familiarity with that helmet style and some crusader helmets.

Many thanks guys.
I have this arriving in a couple of days. If anything looks like it belongs in the Star Wars universe,
it's this crossbow stock.
The top pic is what I am getting, the bottom pic is Chewie's bowcaster.
bow.jpg

A quick question. A projectile weapon like a verpine shoots solid things right? Does it need to be loaded
with a `shell' or is it loaded like an old fashioned blunderbust by ramming it all home.

the bowcaster shoots explosive quarrals, which are loaded in much like a crossbow bolt would be, and you can either draw back the bolt manually or there are models that do it automatically. however, i believe the one chewie uses in the movie was modified to shoot blaster bolts, just like an E-11 or some other blaster rifle

I got my crossbow stock today, fantastic.
It's pretty heavy, feels like solid aluminium covered in plastic.
I don't plan to make a bowcaster, instead modifying it into by blaster rifle.
Don't worry guys, all my modification will be cosmetic in nature to keep this beauty intact.
I was originally looking for any old rifle stock for my main weapon and stumbled upon this.
I bought this on Trademe, ( an auction site here in New Zealand) for
$30, great score.

Here are some pics of my modified crossbow, consisting of heatgun parts, $20 scope and some old Falcon model parts.
Still a WIP.

Picture007.jpg

Picture008.jpg

Picture011.jpg

Picture012.jpg

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back