Does JB weld dry better in the heat of the sun...

Fiberglass,JB Weld and other two part when activatied create on heat source once combined from their chemical reaction.For example mix part A with part B then you will feel a heat develop.The tempature around the product can effect the curing times of said product.
When it is hot outside I will use less cream in my body filler mix and when it is cold outside I use a little more.
Long explanation short....JB Weld is a two part mix that hardens from a chemical reaction of the two parts.The enviromental tempature around JBWeld will either slow it down or speed up the curing process.
Hope this helps
Oh ,I noticed you are getting fibergalss(resign)..remember the more liquid activator you add to the resign the less work time you have before the resign begins to cure and harden.

Thanks for the advice Mike!

G-Fett
Fiberglass,JB Weld and other two part when activatied create on heat source once combined from their chemical reaction.For example mix part A with part B then you will feel a heat develop.The tempature around the product can effect the curing times of said product.
When it is hot outside I will use less cream in my body filler mix and when it is cold outside I use a little more.
Long explanation short....JB Weld is a two part mix that hardens from a chemical reaction of the two parts.The enviromental tempature around JBWeld will either slow it down or speed up the curing process.
Hope this helps
Oh ,I noticed you are getting fibergalss(resign)..remember the more liquid activator you add to the resign the less work time you have before the resign begins to cure and harden.

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back