Bucket Nightmare!!!

The vinyl i am guessing became hardened and brittle over time.
Sucks to see what happened.

Good luck with the repairs. Looks good so far. If anything you can use it to experiment on before you tackle that fiberglass bucket. :)

Studio-
Did you and some bracing to the underside where the splits are?It is hard to type but when you brought the two sides together did you place a sheet of "something" to the underside to support the weight if the material added.
Oh if you feel this is a hopless cause to try to repair and need help I would be happy to discuss this repair with you via personal message.Not to mention if you want to get rid of it.

look at the bright side. You can now try Ideas on it that you probably wouldn't try on a decent bucket. I am doing the same thing at my new job! I work at a new Honda plant in my town and we are just starting up. All the cars we are building now are UNSELLABLE UNITS. They are going to get crashed up, and will never see the light of day. But we get to try new techniques and different products on them we wouldn't dare try on a car we were building for sale. So take this opportunity and use it to the fullest!:cheers

Studio-
Did you and some bracing to the underside where the splits are?It is hard to type but when you brought the two sides together did you place a sheet of "something" to the underside to support the weight if the material added.
Oh if you feel this is a hopless cause to try to repair and need help I would be happy to discuss this repair with you via personal message.Not to mention if you want to get rid of it.

I used the fiberglass material, and will probably fiberglass the whole inside once I get it reshaped. Thanks man, I hope to see this baby through to the end.

G-Fett

look at the bright side. You can now try Ideas on it that you probably wouldn't try on a decent bucket. I am doing the same thing at my new job! I work at a new Honda plant in my town and we are just starting up. All the cars we are building now are UNSELLABLE UNITS. They are going to get crashed up, and will never see the light of day. But we get to try new techniques and different products on them we wouldn't dare try on a car we were building for sale. So take this opportunity and use it to the fullest!:cheers

Thanks for the advice you are so right, my friend.

G-Fett

Holly ****! sorry about ur luck.. at least you didnt paint it then have it tear..
You may want to look into getting some decent this time and stop wasting your time with that thing. It reminds me of a beater car.... great side project. but not something you wanna test drive and learn on.

Goodluck bro.

Holly ****! sorry about ur luck.. at least you didnt paint it then have it tear..
You may want to look into getting some decent this time and stop wasting your time with that thing. It reminds me of a beater car.... great side project. but not something you wanna test drive and learn on.

Goodluck bro.

Thanks gbeef.
Yeah, I would love to get a nice SGT Fang, or other, but can't really afford it at this time, very small budget for my costuming right now. I figure if I can save this thing, I can probably do anything.

Thanks again!

G-Fett

More progress pics fellas.

DSC06856.JPG

DSC06857.JPG

I'm still trying.

G-Fett

Looks a bit like your mandibles got pinched together... Any way to fix that now? :-\ Sorry to see the damage done, bud... Looks like you're tackling the rebuild like a champ tho. Congrats on the progress so far!

Yeouch! I've got an old DP (or is it Rubies) that I was gonna practice on before I got a Bobamaker bucket, but I was worried about re-shaping it.

:wacko

Just one possibility, I'm thinking that maybe it might have cracked because the visor was cut out from it first. It may have had better strength to survive re-shaping if it was left in until it was done.

Just my guess though - I'm a complete noob who hasn't even painted anything in ten years! :eek:

Thought that helmet was a gonner, but the repair job looks great! :) Just a lick of paint and it could end up a great bucket! (y)

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back