Does anyone have pics of how its held in place?

• Thread starter Migrate from As You Wish
  • Start date
M

Migrate from As You Wish

I remember that the Obi Wan's jedi academy used to have a tuturial on this. It explained how they used pvc pipes on the interior of the jet pack, and somehow when strapped on it worked out fine. (No pulling of the color and such.) I think that the website is no longer there. If anyone had copied the info on this it would be great for this topic I think.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mr. Fett, got any pics of this set-up? I have the same harness, I just haven't made the connection yet.

Yeah, I just got my backpack last week. I removed the two "L" brackets, because it pushed the jet pack away from my body. Then I sewed the straps from the inside of the jet pack. I made the 2 straps go arouns the wooden dowel that hols the thrusters, then they exit the jet pack about halfway up the back (this keeps the jet pack from tilting backwards, thus not needing the foam on the lower back). Any has two pieces that connect to the bottom of the harness, I don't use these, and the few minutes that I did wear it, I didn't notice any swaying.

I am curious, has anybody tried to attach the back cover of the jet pack in a way that it can be easily taken off to get inside? I figured it would be convenient to change beacon batteries or what not?

Would velcro work?

Nice job Toby!

Yeah I have some pics of my set-up, I'll have to dig them up, though.

I have a partially removable backplate to my pack, but it wasn't planned that way. I originally had a different harness system for my pack, but the new one sits higher, so is better. I just duct-taped a new backplate cover from the inside and painted it to match the blue of the pack. You can use it to change batteries and such. I have a mini-maglite with a fake cover as my lightpost, but will replace with one from Dean O eventually. :lol:

Can someone please email me the pics of how it is attached too? I would like to know where to get a good harness system and what it looks like. Thanks!

Roger-Roger. Thanks for the tip!

Exactly said. Please post pics of how its done. I'm going crazy waiting this long, and not knowing how its done.

there was no link there.(in the signature).I put that one up...

Hey guys, I'm new to the board (gonna start working on a Zam and Jango costume) but I had to comment about the jet pack harness rigs.
Mike (michaelmax111) has devised an absolutely ingenious way of mounting his jet pack to his harness. The great thing is its quick and easy to mount (you do need a friend) and its rock solid! In addition there are no visible straps since everything is hidden by the vest. We spent almost 8 hours in costume at Chiller this year and the jet pack didn’t budge at all. I'll PM him and see if he will post some pictures.

Originally posted by imprissonedfett:

Is it attached to the backplate or does it run through into the vest? Either way, how can it be held up straight as it should be without pulling you back plate off or strangling you with the vest? I guess pics would do nicely. Thanks.

Originally posted by SonOfAFett:

chaucer44 sells the jet pack harness. I wouldn't try having an 8+ pound jet pack attached solely to the back plate or you'll end up choking yourself with the collar armor. The harness is kind of like suspenders with a strap going across your chest (under your vest). If your back armor doesn't already have cut-out for the straps, you'll need to cut them out first. They are covered by the jet pack, so don't worry about making them perfect. Wait until you have the harness first, otherwise you may cut them in the wrong spot. Good luck.

I used the jedi-academy recommended military radio harness set-up, only mounted the jet pack differently on the radio harness then he did with his.

I have the internal pvc frame in my pack, and have 2 L-Brackets (with extra supports) coming off the bottom crosspiece of pvc. Those L-Brackets slide into the bottom of the radio harness, in between the metal and canvas. The weight is held there. The top crosspiece of pvc has half a quick-clip there, which connects with its mate on the radio harness. Have some foam mounted under the harness across where my lower back is. The pack sits tall like it should, and doesn't hang at an angle away from my body as some packs I've seen have. Works well, but still....carrying a 10 pound pack on your back for hours isn't the most comfortable thing. :lol:

SEEKER and SITHCamaro have seen this set-up.

The best set up there is right now. It really good.

art

Migrate wrote:Hey guys, I'm new to the board (gonna start working on a Zam and Jango costume) but I had to comment about the jet pack harness rigs.
Mike (michaelmax111) has devised an absolutely ingenious way of mounting his jet pack to his harness. The great thing is its quick and easy to mount (you do need a friend) and its rock solid! In addition there are no visible straps since everything is hidden by the vest. We spent almost 8 hours in costume at Chiller this year and the jet pack didn’t budge at all. I'll PM him and see if he will post some pictures.

Any news on him posting pics?

This thread is more than 21 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back