Fett Mannequin With Progress PICS

Thanks Guys! So yea, got about half way through the girth. All I need to do is order some more Bolo from the same company and finish the belt. I also need some opinions on the leather look. I bought some of Seeker, and Cruzer leather parts and need it to kinda match. It doesn't completely have to since its not going to be seen as much but I want it kinda close. Now, this is my first time dying leather so it will look better once I get the hang of it. I'm trying out a few different techniques. Anyway, here is what I have so far.

fdh003.gif

fdh004.gif

fdh005.gif

fdh006.gif

fdh007.gif

fdh009.gif

fdh010.gif

And your opinion please...Left or Right?

fdh011.gif

fdh014.gif

thats the one I'm leaning towards. I might mix some of the colors to get something along those lines. I still gotta brush up on my skills. :lol:

Man you never seize to amaze! I am glued to this thread! Your tuts are amazing!

G-Fett

And thank you and everyone else for the kind words. Yall are the reason I'm making all these tuts. I really appriciate it. :D

Okay, so I decided to make th jump and dye the leather. :lol: It wasn't that big of a deal though. :lol: Anyway, here is how it turned out. I might want to tone it down a little bit but I'll just have to see when I get my other belts.

belt002.gif

belt004.gif

belt005.gif

belt006.gif

belt010.gif

belt011.gif

Also, here is that dimmer I was talking about eariler in my platform. It really helps a ton. If anyone wants a wiring diagram, post or PM me and I'll get it to ya. :D

fdh001.gif

This just get better and better everytime this.

This is a thrill to see each time!!

Amazing how much you do so quickly and so well!!

SUPERB

Keep up the good work!!

You going to make these for people? lol

Okay I've had a few guys PM me about the thickness of the leateher so I thought I'd post this. I bought the original raw leateher so that I could dye it. I believe it is 1/16" but when I measured, it was about 1/8" however, i'm not sure if the dye expanded the edges a little bit. But, either way you go with your leather should be fine cause they are both really close.

kjh.gif

Well, I got a bunch of my stuff from places here in town. Buttons/ Snaps came from Michael's Craft Store. Leather came from a place called Trilogy Leather Shop. Their really nice, but really Southern. :lol: It was only $85 for the 12 sq ft leather, two different color dyes, and a couple of yards of extra leather string. All in all, I thought it was a good deal. Wood and dimmer for platform was from Lows. Fabrics were from Hancock Fabrics. Mannequin, which I just got really lucky and is what kicked this project off for me, came from Goodies. They were going out of business and were selling everything. I thought bout picking up 3 or 4 since they were only $50 each. Could have modded them and sold them...man I wish I had. :lol: And lastly that I can think of was the Leather Bolo which was from Leathercord.com. They were really nice and had great service. Thats it for now. I'm going to order a JP and Paints later so I'll keep yall updated with Info. :D
~Mike

You use a ton of snaps on your armour! The project is looking awesome! I can't wait to see it finished. BobaMaker made a pretty sweet base for his Boba, but yours is definitely the best Jango!

You use a ton of snaps on your armour! The project is looking awesome! I can't wait to see it finished. BobaMaker made a pretty sweet base for his Boba, but yours is definitely the best Jango!

Ugh! what was my base rubbish? Just kidding gamer :p its a BM knockoff anyway.

Yes your base and stand do look outstanding!!(y)(y)

Anyone remember that base and stand FP made for his EPIII Vader? Now that was something I thought was really cool.

Keep up the good work!!!!

Its amazing how well you nailed the color and texture of Geonosis. Keep up the good work!

There won't be any progress on a display base for myself until I actually have the room for one.

Its amazing how well you nailed the color and texture of Geonosis. Keep up the good work!

There won't be any progress on a display base for myself until I actually have the room for one.

Well MAKE ROOM :lol:lol::lol:lol: Yea, that was a problem with me, but I just got lucky I guess. :lol:

So got some good news and some bad news...the good news is everything is coming along smoothly...the bad news is...well, I'll see if anyone notices.

Anything look weird about this picture...towards the bottom...the armor...??? :facepalm :( :facepalm

aklkalsh023.gif

Secondly, I was digging through old stuff and ran accross this. I'm hoping to skulpt the end of the gun and start making resin blasters. But, I'll most likely be shooting Cruzer a PM for some of his blasters. Its worth a shot though. :lol:

aklkalsh005.gif

And lastly for today, I decided to paint the light domes. They were white on the platform and stuck out like an ugly fat woman in the middle of a victoria secret photoshoot. :lol: That came from the top of my head. Sorry If I offended anyone. :lol: Anyway, here are some pics...

First, sand the white paint. This helps the new paint to stick.

aklkalsh007.gif

Notice my partner in crime. :lol:

aklkalsh009.gif

Next, go outside and find a location that is not in your neighbors yard. You do not want angry neighbors. :D I found a tree stump.

aklkalsh010.gif

aklkalsh012.gif

Next, tilt the...the...uh....Tilters???...:lol: Make sure you get a good coat of paint on both sides.

aklkalsh013.gif

aklkalsh014.gif

Next, take a few minutes to admire the scenery...

aklkalsh018.gif

Ah.....ok...enough of that. :lol:

Give one more coat of paint of the top half. Make sure that there is a good coat of paint on the top. After all that, let it dry and here is where I am.

aklkalsh021.gif

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back