Boba and Jango Packs

That would be pretty cool. An ESB should be fairly simple. An ROTJ blaster might come out pretty well too, although, there would be a lot of folding for the barrel.

Here is it so far I started cleaning up the joints as I was working on the cones. Most of this is the 2 ply chipboard. I attached several of the templates and made long lateral strips of parts. basically the sides that face the backplate are now two pieces (top and bottom) and the main structure is on the front is 2 pieces, top and bottom with the folds scored so the line up nice and crisp. The caps that surround the side tanks are separate pieces as are the rectangularish pieces that join to the main tank. Skip did a fine job separating the pieces so they will print to regular printer paper, but if you are using a large sheet of cardstock, chipboard, matboard, etc, using fewer larger pieces will save a lot of time.

I'm not happy with the side tanks not fitting properly and causing them to oval slightly, but that is my own fault in the execution not the design. I'll fix it though.

10-16-08_0819.jpg

From what I can see, you're off to a good start. ;)

One thing I wouldn't have done though. I wouldn't have scored and folded along the fold lines in any of the cylinders. I would have used the fold lines as a guide for lining up the glue tabs, but bent the card around the end caps to give a smoother outer surface.

By folding them like that you'll have to put more work into making them rounded and smooth.

Other than that I think it's looking good buddy. ;) Well done!

Question... if I were to make this out of Posterboard (Matboard) how much would I need... I was looking online and found some 32"x40" sheets, how many of those would I use for the jet packs (Jango probably arena style)

Thanks,
Tony

Well, you'd have to work out how many sheets of A4 or Letter size you'd get from one of those large sheets of posterboard. Then take it from there. ;)

Looks Great, can't wait to start the Classic pack, already used your jango jet pack with moderate success.

If it's ok with you, I'll post some pics.

Here we go, It is EXTREMELY rough, I rushed it, I had a troop later that day, so It looks like junk.

Also, the cone looked a bit "all-consuming" so I went with some household items, which I am eventually going to replace.

Photo 30.jpg

Photo 31.jpg

Photo 32.jpg

Photo 33.jpg

Photo 34.jpg

It doesn't look that bad mate. Though rushing will kill any good build. Still, look on the bright side, you can learn from it and start over. Or put some time into fixing it?

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back