Progress Thread - Chango Fett

I've been making steady progress, Rocketpack is slowly coming together (see Rocketpack Forum) and I've been sourcing parts here and there from other members - thanks guys - you know who you are :)

About time i did the progress pics thing, so here ya go. Helmet is a JD, gloves are blue leather gloves from a second hand clothing store, blaster is a resin kit. front armour is JD, back armour - Cruzer?, not sure about the rest it was purchased together. Armour fits to the vest with velcro but I'll change that to snaps.

Fettprogress03.jpg
Fettprogress07.jpg

Started making the Leg Armour, heres the shins made from ABS.

Fettprogress04.jpg
Fettprogress05.jpg

I tracked down a good material for the Flightsuit, a cotton drill. i reckon its a pretty close colour match, its the one on the left of the photo. the one on the right I thought was too blue, and is very thin cotton.

Fettprogress06.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know a thing about Jango, but it looks like you know what you are doing.

...and good grief, I love that avatar!

Looking good!
Nice vest too, thats one of the harder items to get right. I had to go through three vests before I was happy.
Your shin armor is coming along nicely too, top stuff.
I'm yet to see a JD Jango helmet up close, I'll have to check yours out when its finished.

ok heres the long awaited update - Helmet pics!

the raw cast (Fibeglass JD with resin ears). The helmet is cast with a slot for the antenna. I decided to rebuild the right ear to house a rotating antenna.

fettbucket01.jpg
fettbucket02.jpg
fettbucket04.jpg

visor Installation, 3mm perspex. heated in the ol' oven and pressed into shape.

fettbucket03.jpg

all primed up:
fettbucket05.jpg
fettbucket06.jpg

and then the rub'n'buff and blues slapped on:

fettbucket07.jpg

and this is where i'm at - visor to be fixed into place, mesh to be placed behind keyholes, weathering to be added and black stripes and details to be added to dome.

fettbucket08.jpg

fettbucket09.jpg

a couple more pics. heres a shot of the interior showing how i installed the visor, I made some clips out of ABS sheet and screwed them into the sides, the same screws fix the earpieces onto the helmet.
I still need to fugure out a way to fix the bottom of the visor, at the moment its secure but a little loose as its not fixed at the chin.

fettbucket11.jpg

And heres the stripes added (just for you, TC) , plus the front triangles detailed.

fettbucket10.jpg

Looks amazing man!!!

What you can do to secure the lower part of the visor, is to use a bead of hot glue on either side. That way, it will stay in place, but if you ever want to remove it it'll come off with some pressure.

DUDE THATS THE BEST JANGO IVED SEEN , EVEN SHAPE WISE. CANT WHAIT TO SEE THIS BAD BOY DONE...CUDOS:love:eek::cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
back again - finally got started on my gauntlets.

They are not much to look at at present, but the basic shape of the left Gaunt is done. all made of 2mm ABS sheet and based on plans by Wizard of Flight.

3084550940_2b9a8cd15e.jpg

3084552412_ff8d9ffb50.jpg

3084551604_03012f5316.jpg

a couple of pics showing progress to date with lots of adjustments still to be made. I've been working on the leg armour so pics of that coming soon.

3219285699_1a5d64b0bb.jpg
3220135460_7a125223b2.jpg

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back