Iron Man Mark 1 armor

Agent007

New Hunter
hey guys what would be some good material to make a not to fancy amateur descent looking mark 1 armor? im making a helmet out of a welding mask but i need armor. thanks. o and it has to be uber cheap

I personally love working with sintra...I picked up 45 1'x1' sheets on ebay for about $20...that was a pretty amazing deal though they are kind of small. Try going to a sign making shop and looking for PVC based plastics or styrene. I've had a lot of luck with both.
Kody

You could

1) Download a free trial 3D modelling program like Sketchup.

2) Track down some 3D files of the Mark I like these.
(although that particular one looks little flat to me).

3) Download Pepakura. Its a paper folding application.

4) Import the Mark I 3D file into pepakura, unfold it into many, many,
sheets.

5) Print the sheets onto 110lb. cardstock and carefully cut, score folds,
fold, and glue together the armor.

6) Fiberglass resin the armor for stability.

7) Use full fiberglass on the inside for strength.

8) Bondo the outside to get it smooth.

9) Paint it and come up with a mounting system to wear it.

10) Enjoy!

Note: All credit for this method goes to the 405th.com. I read their
many informative tutorials here.

I'd agree that pepakura would work...but...its a lot of work to do all the unfolding and stuff yourself...you could get away with doing a helmet out of pep because I also browse the 405th and they have a lot of awesome pep and scratch builds over there. I got my pep file from one of their members....doing the helmet would be a start and they might have armor files idk...http://405th.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=10589&st=0 I'd go with the file that is the newest as the faceplate is a bit rounder and the older ones are pretty flat...just check the first post!

well im making a mark 3 suit, and im using 3mm sintra, which is fantastic stuff. just stick it in boiling water for a little and you can do whatever you want with it
you can get online, at sign shops, or at plastic manufacturers (look for them in the yellow pages). of course there is ebay also. costs about $50 for a 3mm thick sheet of 4X8
good luck!

yeah, that´s i'm looking for, I start to construct my own Vaccum Forming Machine, but I've had problems with the molds, that is a great idea... using a maniqui... but my problem is going to lose like a 10 kg.

Regards since mexico

hey idk if this will work out ok cuz i havent worked with it yet, but maybe craft foam?im doing same thing as well agent007 i might do it out of either craft foam or just do what paco death did

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back