Review: The Dark Knight ATTN! SPOILERS

....wow...have to say this movie might go down as one of the greatest of all time..(y)..it's that good...

non stop action, fear, suspense, and no plot holes....AMAZING movie.(y)

Wow amazing movie! I cant wait to see it again. Heath Ledger's acting was phenomenal I hope they dont try to replace him in the next one...I had heard that he was supposed to be in the following one.

Forcebewitya.
I dont mean to be rude but they kind of dont have a choice in the matter...he will be replaced if they use the Joker again.

I love when you go to a movie and it gives you everything it was hyped up to give you ..and then a little more!! Snickers aint got nothing on The Dark Knight!! NOW THAT SATISFIES!!! but being the critic that I am....... I am a big believer if you cant bring back an original cast member..DON'T CAST SOMEONE ELSE!! DON'T DO IT...EVER... you can make references to the character, flash-backs ETC. Not one person I know liked Rachel.
and the 2nd nitpick..really small... if your going to put a Lamborghini in it, put the best one..its not like Bruce Wayne is broke... if your not sure which one im talking about, check it out...the Reventon' its only 1.3 million. I kept it big so you could use it as a screen saver!!:cheers
MY movie rating- "The Dark Knight" A

VinceFX_Reventon09PhotoAE_1280.jpg

I dont mean to be rude but they kind of dont have a choice in the matter...he will be replaced if they use the Joker again.

Even before the whole death, I assumed that they would only put the joker in the 3rd for maybe a 30 second cameo in Arkham. While another joker flick would be awesome.... Bale said he's done after three films, so there's lots to explore.

I am sure they didn't put the 1.5 million dollar car in it since the smash it into peices. Remember when the truck hit it? Plus he just has the car for appearances, he could care less about that car.

I hope they don't do anything with the Joker in the next movie. Not that I didn't love him, I did, but with out Heath it would be terrible. If you want to have a scene in Arkham or something perhaps just a walk by his cell with his name on the door or something and a laugh as you pass. But that would be cheese ball.

Everyone keeps talking about Dent being dead, but I believe he survived the fall.

Me too. Otherwise, had he really been dead, Batman would have killed him.

Also, there was a shot of the coin falling, and it landed face (good) side up.

Regarding a cameo by the Joker in the 3rd (assuming there is a third), I heard that there is actually quite a bit of footage of Heath Ledger as the Joker that went unused in this film.

I am sure they didn't put the 1.5 million dollar car in it since the smash it into peices. Remember when the truck hit it? Plus he just has the car for appearances, he could care less about that car.

I know a guy that saw that exact scene filmed in Chicago and a kit car was used for the crash.

I also had a question that arose in my mind the second time I saw the movie. Is the part where Bruce is talking to Fox about his new armor a reference to Catwoman when Fox says "should do fine against cats"???

Maybe Im over thinking it.

Fantastic movie and Heath Ledger gives in my opinion one of the greatest performances on screen by any actor alive or dead!!

I think his reference about cats was that it wouldn't hold up against another dog bite. I always thought his suit was stronger than that anyways. Heck they have suits that can stop a shark from tearing your arm off.

I also had a question that arose in my mind the second time I saw the movie. Is the part where Bruce is talking to Fox about his new armor a reference to Catwoman when Fox says "should do fine against cats"???
I was actually thinking the same thing when I saw it:lol: I don't think Fox was hinting at the existence of Catwoman in the Nolan Batman Universe but I think it was more of a little joke for the fans. Personally I wouldn't mind Nolan bringing Catwoman into the third film. Batman needs a bad girl;):lol:

I don't think anyone is going to hit the Joker better than Heath Ledger did.

I remember in preproduction I got a call from a buddy and he told me Heath was getting the role, at first I was like...hmmm I don't know if I can see him as the joker, as he's never been a real bad guy in any of his films.

Then I saw some production shots of the costume and it was dead on for me.

Once I saw a few clips I was psyched to see him.

Then he died. and I thought someone was pulling a prank or something.

I hope they don't do anything with the Joker again except flashbacks or modded superimposition scenes from all the scrapped footage from Dark Knight. I guess there was a lot of footage that had to be cut from this 2.5 hr blockbuster.

ahh, Aaron Eckhart was amazing too, the Two Face makeup was nuts. It's too bad the role didn't last longer.

So whose next?

Riddler? Penguin? Mr. Freeze? Poison Ivy? Clayface? (kidding)

I have to say that the Joker was awesome, if they have any plans to bring him back, it is going to be tough to find someone to top Ledgers performance, speaking as an old comic book collector, he did an excellent job of portraying Jokers psychotic "I don't need a reason to kill you" attitude, as far as Harvey Dent/Two Face death... Nolan said with the very first movie with the batmobile "If it can't work in real life it's not on this car." I think it carried over to Two Face he couldn't make it as a "real world villain" so that was the reason for his quick death.

i went to see it tonight with a friend that saw it opening night, fortunately she didn't spoil anything for me (i've also been avoiding this thread like the plague). i really liked heath as the joker, i would put it right along side of jack's. considering the direction burton took with the '89 film, jack did it right. the cat reference had my brain going right to catwoman. i didn't think they'd be turning harvey dent into two-face in this film (a-la billy dee williams, who then became a white guy in the third movie... weird), but i was satisfied with his characters death at the end because i fear for too many villains in one film. too many characters in just a few hours really kills momentum, starting with returns and continuing through batman and robin (batman, robin, batgirl, poison ivy, bane, and mr. freeze? dear lord. did i leave anyone out? spiderman 3 suffered from the same thing.). too many character, new characters taking up run-time with back story, and not enough time spent on what really matters. i think my biggest complaint would have been that two-face should have had a speech impediment and been drooling constantly.

what else, the cell phone spying trick. i think i just read something similar about that, that starting in a few years even if a cell phone isn't being used conversations and noise around the phone will be able to be transmitted and recorded.

i had a few other points i wanted to make but i can't remember them now. i'll probably go see it again and remember what i meant to say. as for another sequel: i would like to see catwoman, but she has to be done right. i'd like to see some reference to metropolis, expand the universe a little bit (honestly i'd love to see a "worlds finest" movie, i'm all about superman). and i definatly do NOT want to see the penguin in it. though bane done right might be interesting. hmmm....

Last edited by a moderator:
I think that the only reason why Bruce Wayne drives a Lamborghini Murcielago in Batman Begins and in The Dark Knight its because Murcielago is Spanish for Bat...:lol:

Great Movie!!!

Hey just saw it and though it was amazing!!! Nothing new there. I did have some points and questions... Yes I liked the death of the tumbler and of Rachel. This leads room for a possible batmobile maybe?? My biggest complaint was Two Face / Harvy. He was too short (though might not have died, they made it clear no one can know what happened to him so killing him off might be a good way to hide what happened to him) and his face bugged me. I honestly prefered Tommy Lee Johns as two-face. It looked so fake and for the first time corny. Also I've heard that Heath was signed on for two movies and there is already some footage of the next batmen with heath as joker...of course all just rumor. Well, I also believe catwoman is a great possibility... why mention "cat". Either way can not wait till the next moive. It's a GREAT movie summer!!!!!

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back