Review: The Dark Knight ATTN! SPOILERS

Predatormv

Well-Known Hunter
So I attended the 1201 screening of The Dark Knight last night. WOW! That film is great. Go out and see it right now. Heath is amazing as the Joker. Bale puts on a good performance as the brooding bat. And whats his name makes a great Harvey Dent/Two-Face.

SPOILERS BELOW YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED....

So I was really happy to see that they killed off Rachel, I was so tired of her character that I was happy when Batman saved Harvey and not her. I was sad to see Harvey die at the end but I think he might have peeked as a villian in this movie. Joker actually lived...but of course he won't be in the sequel for real world deaths. The Joker's magic trick was the best magic trick I have ever seen! And I think just for a laugh I am going to do the Nurse Joker costume for one night at Dragon con.

spoilers

I absolutely loved this movie.Considering that I didn't like the Rachel Dawes Character or Maggie Gyllenhaal I was a little satisified when she was killed. Heath Ledger was simply amazing! The intensity of his acting was incredible. I'm not even sure what to say since this movie simply left me speechless:D(y)

and a midnight showing is always more fun when you go in costume
0717081927.gif

The Joker's magic trick was the best magic trick I have ever seen!

:lol:lol::lol:lol: Dude, that was probably the one part that I literally laughed out loud at. Priceless.

I absolutely LOVED IT. Holy cow, the wait was worth it. Heath did an AMAZING job as the Joker. Everyone else of course did amazing as well. I was a little bummed to see Harvey/Two-Face go out that fast, but he was amazing while he lasted. Just a little curious to see how a third installment be?

Last edited by a moderator:
I was waiting on this thread to appear! I cant wait! Read great reviews! I wont be able to see it until Monday, 20 year Santa Barbara High class reunion all weekend long.....

Yeah saw it at midnight as well. Good movie. I hope that two-face comes back. We don't know for absolute certainty that he is dead. It could be like the comics and Bruce Wayne could personally pay for Harvey's rehabilitation.

I was waiting on this thread to appear! I cant wait! Read great reviews! I wont be able to see it until Monday, 20 year Santa Barbara High class reunion all weekend long.....

Just had my 20 year HS reunion 2 years ago but I couldn't attend...have fun James! Would love to see this movie soon!

Saw it at midnight too. Great great movie. Loved the magic trick too. There were a few other parts that I laughed out loud about, can't think of any off hand. I'll basically echo everything everyone else has said; glad Rachael died, Two-Face died too quickly, but is he really dead? There was a memorial, but that doesn't mean anything. speaking of glad things are dead, I was glad to see the tumbler get destroyed, oh there's another part I laughed at, the guy trying to Blackmail Wayne enterprises; Morgan Freeman's speech there was great. "Good Luck"! LOL

Summer movies ranked so far, I'd put Dark Knight in a neck and neck tie with IRON MAN, followed by The Hulk, then Wall-E, Hellboy II, Indiana Jones (bonus points for nestalgia or it would have been closer to the end) Get Smart, Kung Fu Panda, Jouney to the Center of the Earth, and The Happening is dead last by far. I still want to see Hancock and other stuff not out yet.

They had a trailer for the next Terminator movie too, that looks pretty good, though I think they should have stuck with the same actor from T3.

I really like the tumbler, and who knows, they may rebuild it.I read somewhere that the next installment will possibly feature the riddler.should be a blast.
Bale has said that he would love to do more of these, and with the cash they make on this, I am sure they will.

yea 12:01 showings!
the movie was amazing! it is amazing how well Joker was portrayed, heath ledger played the part so well! and what was really good about it, was that Joker could disgust you, frighten you, make you laugh, make you feel sympathetic, and make you think hard all at the same time! when he blew up the hospital and had to keep hitting the button, the entire crowd was in stitches laughing! and there was a lot of applause for his magic trick!
'how about a magic trick? i will make this pencil disappear"....BAM!..."Ta Da!" :eek: :lol: (y)

Last edited by a moderator:
Spoilers!!!!

If there is one movie u see this year, see the dark knight

There are rumors of Ledger receiving an oscar for best actor for his performance, and he definitely would deserve to win. This is not only the best movie I've seen this year, but the best superhero film I've ever seen. It's grounded in absolute realism, and goes where others have been afraid. Kevin Smith called it "the godfather 2 of superhero flicks", and I would have to agree.

Everyone keeps talking about Dent being dead, but I believe he survived the fall. The whole joker telling his origin made me cringe at first.... until he told a completely different one to someone else. That illusion, and outright confusion is what makes the character so great. I'm really glad they didn't go "origin" on the joker.

Once again, if you havent seen this film, run out and see it ASAP.

Gosh guys....now I wish I was in the theaters right now!....:p

Would you see it again? - In theaters?
In Imax?

I wanna go see it in Imax...wondering how much that'll run me..

I saw it at the 12:15 showing. I didn't get home till 4:30 am and then woke up at 9 am to go see it with some other friends. I'm going to go see it a third time except at the IMAX

Corby, is it worth it?

I've heard nothing but good..need that one last opinion! Then instead of going to normal theaters..I'll just go straight to Imax with the girlfriend.

- Fitz

I have every intention of seeing it at least one more time in IMAX. They actually shot the movie in IMAX (one of the first if I am correct). I just think it will look even better in IMAX. The movie has such a large scale and scope I can't think how IMAX wouldn't be amazing.

On a side note I am totally planning on doing a Nurse Joker costume with the little detonator just running around pushing the button looking disapointed.

On a side note I am totally planning on doing a Nurse Joker costume with the little detonator just running around pushing the button looking disapointed.

Dude, yes. 8) You have to get videos of that.

As for multiple viewings, I just got back from my second time watching it, and it's just as amazing as the first. I'll probably see it one more time this weekend. And I haven't even started on the IMAX version yet. :wacko

I.
Love.
This.
Movie.
XOXOXO. :love

Wow amazing movie! I cant wait to see it again. Heath Ledger's acting was phenomenal I hope they dont try to replace him in the next one...I had heard that he was supposed to be in the following one.

Forcebewitya.

just got back. best movie ive seen in a LONG time. Heath's Joker Is not only better it blows Jacks out of the water. Deffinetly going to see this again tomorrow. GO SEE THIS!!!!

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back