MR ESB Bucket Fitting Question

escho34

Hunter
Basically in the past I've installed hard hat liners in all of my costume buckets. Now with the MR, it's nicely padded, etc. and I'm wondering what the guys who have MR buckets are doing to make sure your bucket fits and stays on properly. I'd prefer to not mess up the interior padding so I guess I'm just looking for examples of what any of you have done with a MR bucket.

I've seen some guys install foam but it looks shotty...Even though I know that no one really looks to see inside, I always think it looks cool when the inside of a bucket looks "functional."

Thanks!

When ever i wear my MR helmet i make sure i never turn my head to fast.. or nod.. or look up for that matter.. i basically stand very still or walk very carefully. Sure the padding is really nice but it sure could use some more friction...

so i dunno.. the chin cup sounds like a good idea.. and from what i hear.. movie accurate as well.

yup, there is a chin cup in some of the movie helmets... taken from a uk riot helmet.

i tried one in mine, but found it to be very uncomfortable. i have facial hair, and somehow the cup always ended up pulling on something!

Foam is the way! Thanks to foam, I no longer look like a bobble head. And besides, most people don't care what the inside looks like so funtionality takes priority over looks - for me 8)

I wrap a U shaped piece of foam inside the helmet, not attached.

I put it inside where my forehead is, and it pinches my head to the rest of the helmet. It doesnt pull my hair, it doesnt wobble, and more important, its not attached, so it doesnt mess up the inside of the helmet

I seem to remember a photo of the ROTJ hero helmet and it had a square of foam inside the top of the helmet held in with silver duct tape, so if your going for movie accurate......(y)

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back