"HEAVY" Jet pack ????

REDBOY3384

Active Hunter
Hi guys,

I have a ???

I have a solid resin and it's kind of heavy (2 pounds), I believe it's a RA jet pack, I wanted to see how some of you mounted your jet packs, What kind of harness set-ups, some of you seasoned/newb Jango use!

I also have a few stress cracks on the top edge of the back of my JP and was also looking to see how to repair that.

Any guidance is much appreciated.

Thank you

Bueller is out sick, Im starting a a fundrasier to help pay for his medical expenses Ricky.

For the stress cracks, if you can physically enter the inside of the JP, I'd say to try and fiberglass the interior of the cracked sections, then bondo the outside.

Im not really sure what to suggest for the harness system, I think everyone has their own style of doing it. The only thing I know is that the screen use backplate had a female recieving clip at the bottom, center of the backplate's curve, which obviously suggest that there is a male clip attached to the JP

It weighs only 2 pounds?!?!?

If your pack was really heavy, it would weigh more in 20 pound range as a current MOW pack is around 15 pounds.

Fully loaded up my JP weighed 12lbs but I rigged it so it felt like I had nothing on my back.

I used a set of UK military webbing to which I rigged my backplate as the main JP carrier. I then fabricated a quick mount / dismount system which spread the weight of the pack into the backplate distributing the forces evenly and away from my shoulders / stress points and into the belt and harness.

Pics and a few more details here
http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/showthread.php?t=24347

Hope it helps!

Last edited by a moderator:
The MOW pack does not weigh 15 pounds!!! It weighs 7 pounds with everything attached including aluminum beacon and stabilizer, the pipes for the thrusters, and fiberglass reinforcement for the harness attachment. I've weighed it.

If your pack weighs 2 pounds, you should be jumping for joy because that's the lightest jet pack I've heard of.

For my harness system, I used the home depot harness as described in posts 2 and 16 of this thread: http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/showthread.php?t=20200

The MOW pack does not weigh 15 pounds!!! It weighs 7 pounds with everything attached including aluminum beacon and stabilizer, the pipes for the thrusters, and fiberglass reinforcement for the harness attachment. I've weighed it.

Okay, so I'll admit that 15 pounds was more than an over guess on it's weight. But seeing as how he stated that he has a solid resin pack, and my hollow scratch built pack weighs in at under 5 pounds, I found 2 pounds to be un-likely.

I doubt his pack is solid resin. What's more likely is that it is rotocast resin like the MOW or vacuumformed with a solid resin rocket. But 2lbs does seem extremely low, so maybe he just meant the rocket is 2lbs?

A 2 pound rocket, now that I believe. One of my squad mates has a solid resin rocket on his jet pack, and it weighs as much as my entire pack.

A jet pack that i once had had a resin epidermis (probably slush/ rotocast) which was then filled with expanding foam from the "missle socket".. perhaps he has one of those??

Yeah, Sorry about the weight, I thought I put a 1........It's actually 12-13 pounds, It's a Richie's armor jet pack. Just trying to figure how to mount it to my back without it killing me.:rolleyes and distributing the weight evenly.

Well, I like the home depot harness because its meant to protect your back when lifting heavy objects and the weight is distributed in your mid-section rather than on your shoulders.

I just saw the picture that was posted in that thread you linked, Is that a Home Depot back brace and does anyone have a pic with it on and how it attaches etc.........

Thank you all for your input,

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back