So the Millennium Falcon did the Kessel Run in Less than 12 parsecs, huh?

The reply above about distance is the way its been further explained throughout books and through the tech of starwars.

The books about the maw cluster touched on it some.

In short, you can not fly within x of the maw (black holes) or it sucks you in.

The faster you can fly, the closer you can get and still be able to escape its gravity.

The falcon was able to shorten the distance from the maw, because the ship was fast enough to escape its pull. The falcon 'supposedly' has engines that are like 6-7 times creating more positive thrust per weight than most other ships.

Now, if you factor in the expanded universe, the sith sphere and / or jacen and kip are able to sense the paths through the black holes of the maw, and make some course adjustments without leaving hyperspace.

So by all geekdom common sense, jacen would be able to be the fastest through.

if he werent dead:)

OK. We measure time how? The time it takes to travel a certain distance around the sun and earth own orbit correct? Therefore we measure time with light. Once you reach lightspeed you are traveling the same speed as light obviously. So, If you're traveling faster than light how can you measure time? Ergo time and space is relative. You can travel unknow distances in immeasuable time seeing as you can't possibly measure time without light, let alone read a clock :) Star wars time can't possibly measured as we measure time. We don't count the different time zones of other star systems in our own calculations even in our own solar system do we use seperate distaces from the sun to measure time. We use our own. If we traveled to mars and stayed the for a year and came home how long would we say that we've be gone? 2 years. What about martian time? How long would that have been. Only about one year. you knowhow long a Martian year is? 687 of our days. you know how long a Martian day is? Only 39.5 minutes loner than ours. Maybe if we used solar measurements. But, Again time is relative. Space is continuel. And we don't account for time zone discrepancies. It's is totally possible that 12 parsecs in the SW universe can be traveled in a matter of hours. Who's to say it's not? Oh and BTW, Bromide isn't as compound of Bromine and anouter element, but a Bromine Ion. Which simply means it has a different number of electrons while still retaining it's elemental structure. I hope you've enjoyed my dissertation lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok.. well first of all i think GL put 12 parsecs in the script because it sounded cool..

None the less. In an interview with him GL that i once saw, he tried to explain that when the millenium falcon did the Kessel Run in less than 12 parsecs Han Solo was actually refering the the speed of the hyperdrive computer which computed all the different jumps to get from point A to point B.

I belive what he was trying to say was that other computers were slower and not as accurate. Hence their jumps needed larger margins for error and thus did longer jumps. The ME on the other hand was more precise and take more short-cuts.

So the red arrow would be the ME, while the other (green and blue) are other ships.

Flightpath.jpg

That Looks like my route to work.....:eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
One can not pass the speed of light. The faster an object moves time slows down, its mass increases, and it requires more energy to accelerate it. The reason something can not surpass the speed of light is because the closer an object reaches the speed of light, it gains in mass and requires more energy. If an object were to pass the speed of light, its mass would become infinite.

perhaps he was being sarcastic.......like me once saying my mark 2 cortina did Camberley High street in 3 seconds?
Maybe sarcasm is a galaxy wide thing.......

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back