The Dark Knight Vehicles Tour: Tumbler & Batpod coming to your City

Thought I'd update with some pics from today's showing in Chicago. Navy Pier was a great location to have this and it was a beautiful day. Even got to see some of the red carpet for the Chris Nolan gala this evening.

My son even got to touch the Tumbler, which he loved - he was geeking out just as much as me. Great day.

Great stuff.

picture083ns6.jpg

picture999999vu6.jpg

picture097yb1.jpg

picture138ry1.jpg

picture095lg9.jpg

picture133ci6.jpg

picture104wt1.jpg

picture084gq0.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
To cool! Thats awesome that you and your son were able to get that close.
Were you able to see the inside through the glass?

I did look inside, but the glass is very opaque and was also reflecting a lot of sunlight from the atrium we were in - so that made it very difficult to discern anything of note.

The vibe was electric here today, tho - it was really something. We left before the red carpet began for the Chris Nolan gala, but there were already crowds 3 rows deep in anticipation of Nolan, Gary Oldman, and Michael Caine.

We were psyched we got so close to the Tumbler as well. We got there early, which helped, because there was literally nobody around so we got a good 10 to 15 minutes of uninterrupted photography time. As we were leaving, the crowds started to arrive, so we were very lucky.

Hey! Wait a minute!

You got to go up to the Tumbler?!?!?!?!

...not fair.

Lol!

We had to stay behind the red ropes.

It was VERY cool to see these in person. The Tumbler is a bit smaller than I thought it would be in person. Also, the batpod is much more of a silvery/gunmetal color than I had realized.

I'm a bit bummed we didn't meet up. I had my eyes open for you the whole time.

I took some pictures too. I'll upload them later.

Yes, I did get right up close to it. My son touched it and that really made his day. He keeps reminding me that he 'touched Batman's car.'

We got there at noon and the vehicles were already out on display and there was NOBODY around. We spent about 30 minutes with the Tumbler and with nobody around I casually 'ignored' the red velvet ropes and got up close and personal.

By the time we got to the Batpod (see my son's pic with it above) there was already a crowd around the Tumbler and at that point the facility people were enforcing the 'stand behind the ropes' rules.

We got lucky, but we're happy about it. I just regret I didn't get a picture of my son standing right next to the car. But that's a minor thing, we got a bunch of great pics that we really love.

Hope to see your pics soon!

Hector

Thanks for the great pics - it will have to do for me. Yeah, unfortunately LA is about a 6 hour drive. Your pics are awesome though, and will definitely hold me over ;)

Here are some of my photos...

dsc02257gk1.jpg

dsc02260rc3.jpg

dsc02262zn2.jpg

Here is a shot of the red carpet outside.

dsc022642ue1.jpg

Afterwards (and last week, with a different group) I took the group of people I was with on a tour of filming locations in downtown, including the Old Post Office, the IBM building and La Salle Street. Thought I might share some of those photos too.

La Salle street. Featured predominately in The Dark Knight. The "Wayne Enterprises" building is actually the Chicago Board of Trade.

dsc02239eo3.jpg

You can see The Joker extend his knife and walk by this Starbucks in the trailers. This is also on La Salle. I had my first Starbucks drink here. An Iced coffee. It was terrible.

dsc02241rt6.jpg

Randolph Station (Millennium Station). Batman, on the batpod, smashes through the doors behind me and rides through this station in the movie.

dsc02248bj9.jpg

I love Gotha...err... Chicago!

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back