TDH Dinner at CCI San Diego?

Bountyone

Active Hunter
Just thought it might be a great Idea if we had a TDH dinner during SDCC. we could meet at one of the many fine restaurants around the downtown area (Hooters :lol: hint hint) the 501st dinner is set for Thursday night at the "Tin Fish" located directly across from the convention center @ 7pm. this is a members only dinner and sign ups are on the Legion boards. for those who are not 501st, I thought maybe we could plan a TDH spread on another night? Jon (Bubba Fett) hosted a great TDH dinner at WonderCon were we had a blast. let's do it again!!!!

this would also be a great way to raise some money for Pam.

what say you????

:cheers

*UPDATE*
C'mon guys, we need at least 20 people to secure some tables for a TDH dinner party. so far, Dick's last resort seems to be a winner unless some more votes for another place surface soon. I will call Dick's on Wednesday 16th to book our spot. here's who we have so far..........

1. Cruzer + 4 guests
2. Jango 5204
3. Seeker
4. Bountyone
5. jimmy bufFETT
6. Rogue Studios
7. Silver Fett & Bro
8. Vable Boba
9. zxwing
10.Mirax H & Art
11. Fett Seven and guest
12. SpideyFett

a few of you showed interest but have not yet committed. I'm going to see if we can get a "guest of honor" to join us also. times running out guys, get on the list!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
could be fun. there are plenty of places that could hold groups of this size with or without a reservation, but you could always call a few hours ahead of time.

Sounds like a fine idea to me. Saturday would probably be the only day good for me as the mando wedding will be invading Joe's Crab Shack afterwards (and everyone on TDH is invited to attend the wedding and dinner afterwards) on Friday, and I think many of us will be eating in armor Lol.

Last Year Clay set it up at the Joe's Crab Shack behind the Convention Center. I wouldn't be opposed to that venue again.

Yup, you totally had a great time too. :lol:
Comic%20Con%20SD%20%2707%20130.png

Alright cool, looks like we have enough interest. I'll post a list of places around the Gaslamp area soon and you can all vote. sounds like a Saturday night event.

Mary Franklin has a picture of me sleeping in the Hasbro stock room in full armour :) I fall asleep everywhere, in or out of costume; usually at dinner, so keep your cameras ready!

I have two events, one on Friday evening and one early saturday...so I can stop by late on Saturday depending what time.

SO did we agree on Joe's Crab Shack??

Alright Guys and Gals, I'm putting together a list of cool places for us to have our TDH dinner for SDCC. I have been to most of these places (cause I live here) and would recommend any one of em. all restaurants are located in the "Gaslamp district" which is located right across from the Convention center in Downtown San Diego. looks like we're shooting for Saturday night around 7-7:30pm??

1. Dick's Last resort
2. Jolt'n Joe's Jolt'n Joes - Jolt'n Joes La Mesa
3. Fred's Mexican Cafe Mexican food and margaritas, casual dining - Fred's Mexican Cafe
4. Nicky Rotten's Nicky Rottens Bar & Burger Joint – Rancho San Diego
5. Hardrock Cafe Hard Rock Cafes
6. Rock Bottom Restaurant http://www.gaslamp.org/directory/dining/rock_bottom_restaurant_+_brewery/details.html
7. Rockin Baja Rockin' Baja Lobster Coastal Cantina| Baja Style Seafood

or if you see something else you may like, you can always check here....http://www.gaslamp.org/directory/dining.html

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back