Vable Boba's Pre-Pro 2 Progress Thread (Pic Intense!)

Vable Boba

Active Hunter
Hey there guys. I've been talking about it for a while, but here it is. My progress thread. I am nearing completion, but I did take some before and after pics.

I am doing the PP2 suit, modified (I was gonna do ESB, then changed my mind and I used that armor, cuz its FP V3, and it doesn't get better than that.) ANYWAY, this is the PP2 paint job, with an ESB bucket, until I get a real one.

The bucket is a modded Rubies, done before I found out how awesome the airbrush is, and done with rattlecans and topical damage, with acrylic paint (it looks bad, I know. I'll be getting a top of the line bucket in the future.)

I airbrushed the armor with the PP2 scheme, but also modded for extra dents not on the PP2 armor. For the armor, I couldn't find the US Medium Green anywhere, at least in the quantity I needed, so I used Euro Dark Green, as suggested by Jango's Kid. (kudos to you, sir) Then I dirtied it up with grimy black. Hope you guys like it. Enjoy!!

p.s. - this is my first paint job on a costume, so leave comments (y)(y)

BEFORE:

Pixfrom221018.jpg

SSPX0162.jpg

FettPix018.jpg

FettPix017.jpg

AFTER:

FettPix021.jpg

FettPix022.jpg

FettPix023.jpg

FettPix024.jpg

FettPix027.jpg

FettPix026.jpg

FettPix028.jpg

FettPix029.jpg

FettPix030.jpg

FettPix031.jpg

FettPix035.jpg

Looks great but the decal on the shoulder piece,what is that of ????I have not paid attention that there is a different decal.I always thought it was suppose to be a skull?
Dont misread me I like it I am just curious as to what it is.

Looks great but the decal on the shoulder piece,what is that of ????I have not paid attention that there is a different decal.I always thought it was suppose to be a skull?
Dont misread me I like it I am just curious as to what it is.

the skull is different on each version of the suit. that's the prepro skull :)

nice job on the armor!

For the Pre-Production 2 suit, this decal was on the shoulder, rather than the bantha skull. It is correct for the suit. thanks for the question.

Lookin' sweet Vable!

Say, are you using a dremmel to clean the extra bits off the kit? Or cutters or what? I'd like to find the best technique for this, and you did a killer job of cleaning it up.

G-Fett

Very cool!!! :cheers Ya, I had always loved that PP2 decal for some reason, its preety cool in its own right. Very diffrent from the end result. :lol:

Thanks everyone. I'm glad you all approve :lol: I'll try and get some outdoor pics soon.

For Studio Fett - I used curved scissors, can't remember what they are called, but you can get them from Hobbytown USA (they are used for trimming R/C car bodies, they'll know what you mean.) Then, I just sanded the heck out of the edges. That was about it for that step.

The paint job looks good, but can I ask why you didn't fill in the dents and what not that aren't on the Pre-pro2 suit and make them where they should be? For example the huge dent in the shoulder isn't on the Pre-pro2 suit at all. Also the chest dents are in different positions. Also the dent in the cod is on the other side.

Just curious.

Well, I really wanted FP's Armor, and I was actually originally going to do ESB Boba. Then I was gonna do a custom of different aspects of the ESB and ROTJ and Jango, then, finally, I landed on the Pre-Pro. I did not want to do all the filling in and making new dents, as I also didn't want to destroy any of my expensive armor.

I really am not looking for a 100% screen...er...picture accurate suit. I got most of the paint correct, just the dents pretty much. also, the dent on the far right on the right plate (chest display piece) I couldn't even tell from the pics I had that that portion wasn't a dent...haha.

On another note, I will be adding some progress pics tomorrow or the next day. If this thing is getting revived, I might as well do it with style. I have a ton of updates since the last time I wrote in this thread.

Wow, it's been over 3 years now since I posted on my progress thread...time to get you all up to speed. I'm sorry to be "that guy" and bring this old thread back from the dead, but I think it makes more sense than making a brand new thread. SO, here we go.

Since I last posted, I had to part with a large portion of my costume due to the hard economic times I was going through, with work cutting my hours by over half. I was using my suit to pay my bills basically haha. However, I've got a better paying job with guaranteed 40 hrs a week, and overtime when I want it, so I've got lots of fun money now, and I'm gonna try and get this thing troopable by the end of April.

Before I get into all the pics, and there are a lot, this is what I have, then I'll say what I'm waiting to get. I have gloves (they are The Real Gloves, and I LOVE them), flight suit, made by my aunt, gaunts, JP, Helmet (in the process of being completed for me), flack vest, gauntlet hoses, cape, ammo belt pouches, very lame braids lol, all armor parts (knees, shoulders, chest, backplate), and 2 shin tools (actual paterson squeegee, and the metal pole thing.)

I will be getting a BBF ammo belt, NICE braids and girth from woodman, and cod/shoulder blocks and knee darts from Mojo. I will also be making my own JP harness. And, eventually, I will be getting one of SEEKER's totally rad PP2 blasters.

Here are some pics of my buddy in my costume before I sold parts of it:
6849882378_f3d3984cfb.jpg

375_539524621657_48605036_33058694_3481_n by cablebishop23, on Flickr

6849882366_d9867f75e4.jpg

375_539524626647_48605036_33058695_3727_n by cablebishop23, on Flickr

I had to sell my JP, JP harness, Ammo Belt, girth belt, boots, and helmet. As much as it sucked, it's actually been nice so I can now get some better stuff than what I had. I go to a local prop club ever month with SEEKER from here and a ton of other really talented guys, and one of them is making my helmet. here's some pics so far (he will be doing the paint job as well):

6996040513_5b008f5d0d.jpg

imagejpeg_2 by cablebishop23, on Flickr

6849882526_b53861fe41.jpg

IMAG0471 by cablebishop23, on Flickr

6996007077_b8788bf2e1.jpg

IMAG0470 by cablebishop23, on Flickr

I've also got a new JP, which was an ebay special, $300 shipped and painted. Not the best thing ever, but for the cost I felt like it was a great deal.

6849882456_f179958337.jpg

IMAG0291 by cablebishop23, on Flickr

The guy who I got my helmet from made a gauntlet missile for me too, great cast for only $35. I'll put on a pic of the crummy old missile I had. FYI, these are Ruffkintoy gaunts, and are not the best quality, but they were cheap, and at the time he was the only one doing PP2 style (flamethrower is actually not bad). I'm upgrading the resin castings with actual plumbing parts. AsloI never got a good shot of my gauntlets, so here's some better pics:

6996007169_d127850f65.jpg

IMAG0474 by cablebishop23, on Flickr

6849882738_cc11f26341.jpg

IMAG0475 by cablebishop23, on Flickr

6849882836_9b75a8d790.jpg

IMAG0476 by cablebishop23, on Flickr

6996007589_c5252e1059.jpg

IMAG0481 by cablebishop23, on Flickr

6849883180_5ddbbf760a.jpg

IMAG0483 by cablebishop23, on Flickr

6849883506_f4f73ce089.jpg

IMAG0490 by cablebishop23, on Flickr

6849883586_d877214c8c.jpg

IMAG0491 by cablebishop23, on Flickr

I've also got some new boots, which I got off a member here a few months ago, not too shabby for $40 shipped, and my size (no one ever seemed to have my size when they put boots up lol):

6996007921_4a34308e58.jpg

IMAG0487 by cablebishop23, on Flickr

Please let me know what you guys think, and I'll try and be a bit better about keeping up with the thread. As soon as my helmet is done, or i get new parts, I'll post something up here, and most definitely when I have the thing all ready to go. can't wait guys, this has been a dream of mine for 4 1/2 years and I'm finally just so close. It's a good feeling. Hope you guys like it!

Last edited by a moderator:
I've also got some new boots, which I got off a member here a few months ago, not too shabby for $40 shipped, and my size (no one ever seemed to have my size when they put boots up lol):

6996007921_4a34308e58.jpg

IMAG0487 by cablebishop23, on Flickr

Those boots look familiar! I think I know who made them(y)

I was hoping to see your buildup here soon after you got them. Your suit is looking good. The guantlets are looking good. Good luck finishing it!

haha, yeah man, those are definitely yours :p They fit perfectly! I'm glad you're liking the build up so far. I am really gonna keep up with this, however, I'm realizing that maybe this isn't the correct section for this, but whatevs. I'll be ordering the rest of my needed parts this week most likely, so I should have some updates within the next few weeks.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back