Need computer help

Sareth Dorn

Jr Hunter
My computer is acting up. I uninstaled an antivirus program that was irratating me. When I turn my computer on, I can't open anything, all I can see is my background and the pointer. Does anyone know how to fix this? Any help would be much appreciated, ner burc'ye.

What windows OS are you running and what is the make of your computer? Also try shutting it completely down and let it sit for a few moments. Also when you boot it back up unplug the LAN cable from the NIC card.

Home or pro edition, also by any chance are there any loud noises comming from the hard drive. You may have to run a repair on the OS I will look and see if I can find some directions on doing this and post the link.

Sounds like explorer.exe is crashing. Try hitting ctrl+shift+esc to open up task manager. Then under the processes task, find explorer.exe. Highlight it. End the process.

Now on the Windows Task Manager, go to File, then (New Task) Run... and type in "explorer.exe" without the quotation marks. Now go get an anti virus like mcafee or avast, and run a scan!

If this doesn't work, try some of the other mentioned stuff, if you haven't already.

Good luck!

call this guy

675853.jpg

I am one who down right refuses to pay for anti-virus every year... AVG 8.0 FREE EDITION... once you try it, you will never pay for any other programs again..

Yep... works every time! :lol: And why I switched to Mac oh... about 6 years ago. :lol: Never once had to reformat a hard drive since...

haha! same here. i got my first mac right before os x shipped, and once that came out, there was no looking back.

in fact, i'm getting a new 15" macbook pro in a couple weeks :)

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back