My Bobamaker progress

Wolfi

Active Hunter
Ok, this is the sixth helmet I'm trying to paint. (Number four and five can be looked at
http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/showthread.php?t=23019&highlight=don+post+practice ) Here's my progress so far. I used the paints as listed in Rogue Studios List. For the shading I always used the same paint and added a few drops of black dull color. Exept for the kill stripes; here I used a few red coughs on the last right stripes.
Now I would like to ask the master painters a question: What is the best method to apply the battle damaged paint job in the most accurate way? Until now I did the tracing always "free hand/free eye style". Is there a better way? Any other suggestions or valuable tips are appreciated.

BM 1.jpg

BM 2.jpg

BM 3.jpg

BM 4.jpg

BM 5.jpg

BM 6.jpg

i think your eye is quite good as it is. but if memory serves, there was a thread a while back by pghfett, about using some sort of decal as a template. i don't entirely remember. but i'll see if i can find the link.

*edit*

i found the link: http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/showthread.php?t=17386

but i don't think it will be very useful, since pghfett went and edited all his posts in that thread. and i don't think there was another thread like it since. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Judging by your previous paint ups i'd say to carry on applying the detail by eye, you've done some really great work on those helmets! This one looks like it's going to be even better...(y)

Not the bucket I won't, I haven't ordered one yet. I do have a Don Post or Rubies (I dunno which) :confused which I may practice on first like Wolfi did. Which look great by the way. (y)

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back