One of ours has fallen...

This is such sad news. I am so sorry to hear this. With all that is going on in this world, one of that last things you consider is loosing someone close to you in such a way.

I didn't know the man but it really is sad when someone is taken so young. My condolences to his friends and his family. May God Bless You.

Rup

I'm having such a hard time compiling my thoughts into words... I received a phone call on Saturday while with my family on vacation to tell me the tragic news. I was speechless...

Nick was such a great kid, full of life and fun and it's so hard to believe he's gone.

Graeme, you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers brotha.

I thought I'd join Brian and Turo in posting some fond memories I have of Nick from Dragon*Con 2006.

DSCF4089.jpg

DSCF4091.jpg

DSCF4140.jpg

DSCF4139.jpg

normal_DSCF4189.JPG

normal_DSCF4196.JPG

normal_DSCF4206.JPG

normal_DSCF4208.JPG

normal_DSCF4294.JPG

normal_DSCF4295.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
I wish I knew something profoundly wise to say to bring some sense to this, but I don't think words can express what we really would like to say in a situation like this. Our prayers will be with Graeme and the rest of the family.

As a fellow member of the Canadian Garrison, my heart goes out to Graeme and his family on their loss. Sadly, I've yet to meet either of the Ring brothers. Something that was to be at the end of August, at Fanexpo in Toronto.

I'm wearing black and white today, to honour a fallen trooper. You will be missed Nick, but never forgotten.

I couldn't believe it when I heard the news. Running into Nick and Graeme at D8Con and some other occasional trooping events was definitely a highlight. Fun loving and with a goofy spirit, Nick will be missed. My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family, Graeme.

...I'm also speechless.... having only known JFJ from TDH, but through pictures and other members here I knew he had a twin brother, I'm terribly saddened by this news....:cry

My thoughts and prayers go out to you JFJ and your family.

Last edited by a moderator:
I recieved the message about the news Sunday morning. I had to sit down for a little bit. I am saddened to the core on this one. I had a blast with Nick and Graeme at C3 and had the chance to costume with them in Windsor a few years back. Nick was a blast to hang out with and had such a good spirit. My prayers and thoughts go to you and your family Graeme.

Truely Heartbreaking, I was looking forward to spending the weekend with the Ring bros. in Toronto for a con. this coming August. I've only met him a few times over the past couple years. We've had some good times that will not be forgotten. Graeme will need all of our support.
J-ROCK

I just found out a few minutes ago. I love Nick and Graeme like brothers and I'm completely shocked by this. Stay strong Ring family.

n89900083_30442296_5007.jpg

My condolences Graeme and his family. I met them at C3. What a tragedy to be taken so young. May you find peace.

Geo

Ron Mitchell from Indy called me up to give me the news. We were in Minnesota at Convergence at the time. I am absolutely heartbroken by the news. It was always a pleasure to see Nick at the Celebrations or Dragon Con and I enjoyed hanging out with him and with Graeme immensely. My heart goes out to the Ring family in this terrible time. :(

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back