Predator...wicked style

wickedbeard

Active Hunter
Not fett, but sci-fi, and if I remember right Boba and pred shared a comic, so it is somewhat related.lol
All armor is metal of course.Everything else is from various sources, but the hands and feet were painted by me, and I added the quills and dreads.
My buddy mike and his wife Allison are always in my pics as they are gracious enough to take them and let me use there basement for all my shoots.lol
yourdead.jpg

predeyes.jpg

predandvader.jpg

Picture066.jpg

Picture063.jpg

Picture060.jpg

Picture058.jpg

Picture027.jpg

Picture020.jpg

Wow amazing looking pred I love it.

Yea I keep thinking about building one as well but then my wallet laughes at me...

Bruv... I... can't... think of words! (I know very sad thing to say)
BUT that is (can't swear) totally awesome!! I love the pred suit and as Pred before me.. $/£'s do not allow it.
great that your mates get into the action too... :lol: I think the shot with your female friend was the same (ish) pose with 'Jason'?

Gav

that is soooo cool!!! (y):eek:(y) does the gauntlet light up and go through the count down destruct pattern? If it does I think I could have an accident in my pants...oh no...too late:(:cry

Last edited by a moderator:
ooooooOOOO....A P1 Pred...me likes!!! I am currently having my "Wolf" put together and should have some finished pieces soon. I only have the upper Torso done and waiting on the Legs and shins. But Congrats to you, can't wait to get mine as great as you did with yours!

Yeah it lights up.lol...I installed 4 windows under the lid out of the green visors i use for buckets.I then masked off the symbols on the underside with pinstriping, and spray the whole underside flat black, after removing the striping I put 4 of those red tirelights under each one.The slightest movement makes them blink erradically forming a sequence.

For all those asking about the cost of a Predator suit, it depends on how much you want to scratchbuild yourself and how much you want to purchase from the artists that make the parts (just like buying the Fett stuff). Then you get into the really high end stuff like animatronics which brings the cost up quite a bit....moving blade gauntlets, moving cannon, moving face mandibles, etc.....because very few people make those animatronics.

But, for the average full painted good quality Predator costume (no animatronic parts), the cost is about on par with a good quality Fett costume. I'd say around $2,500-$3,500 is about the average range, depending what all you want with it.

Unlike most of the typical Star Wars armor costumes being vaccumformed plastic pieces, most all Predator armor parts you get are usually foam backed latex or resin or fiberglass. Many suits have a combination of all those styles of armor parts. These suits also take a hefty amount to time to put together to a finished state, so that's where some of the cost comes from as well.

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back