Bounty Hunter Legion...

Vable Boba

Active Hunter
Hey all, I've been thinking over the past few months about something, just in the back of my head. There's the 501st, which is a great organization, and there's the rebel legion (can't remember the name), which is great as well. So, I was thinking, 'Why isn't there a Bounty Hunter legion?"

I really think this would be a great idea, since there are so many of us nowadays. Even if we were not a separate entity, I think it could work. Liek maybe a detachment from the 501st or something.

I think the charity/community part of both organizations is great, and would want to keep those, but I feel with the growing number of hunters, maybe there's more room for one more Star Wars costuming group.

I'd love to hear what you guys all think, as well as any suggestions. Thanks again for reading (y) :cheers

Fett Forever

http://mercs.firespray.net/forum/index.php

^ Something like that? MandoMercs is a forum for custom Mandalorian costumes. They've also got a membership program and a gallery to showcase the member's costumes. And of course, we post upcoming conventions and charity events that we'll attend. We're not nearly as huge and well-known as the 501st or RL, but we still like to have fun doing the same good things the other groups do. :)

There's also Phoenix Squadron, which is a detachment for Bounty Hunters, including Boba and Jango.

Why not the Bounty HUnter Guild? It could be more than Mando - any bounty hunter from SW. After all, in the movies, their services go to the highest bidder. I think its a cool idea. Like you say, there is the Rebel Legion, and the 501st. Something with that kind of recognition but for BH.

Why not the Bounty HUnter Guild? It could be more than Mando - any bounty hunter from SW. After all, in the movies, their services go to the highest bidder. I think its a cool idea. Like you say, there is the Rebel Legion, and the 501st. Something with that kind of recognition but for BH.

I agree. Weeks back when I first started doing research on this stuff I was shocked to see the bounty hunters and other un-allied type characters stuffed in the mix with the imperials even though I'd put them there way before Rebel Legion...

There is an off shoot of sorts of the 501st that is solely for canon Bounty Hunters... it's called the Phoenix Squadron. ;)

i personally don't see the need.

what would the group actually serve to accomplish that isn't already covered either here, on the mercs' site, or the 501st detachment?

i am all set with the number of groups i'm part of already... i don't have enough time as it is! :)

The Phoenix Squadron is only a resource forum, nothing more. There isn't realy any need for a seperate group as the 501st is fine as it is. ;)

Mercs is the LucasFilm Ltd. approved group for Mandalorian costumers. We don't accept non-mandos, although we had thought about it at first. We even have some Fetts in the mix, but mainly we are for the non-canon and EU mandos who don't have a home in other organizations.

Honestly, if your doing a mando...then I don't see a reason why you wouldn't want to join up. We have 14 chapters and are growing, but the only way to do that is with the help of mando costumers out there. We've been around over a year now, and are closing the gap on the Jedi Assembly. =)

As far as an organization for just non-canon star wars characters...thats going to be a hard thing to accomplish. What do you classify as a costume "in universe"? At that rate, someone in Halo armor could say they are a bounty hunter and join up. This is something we dealt with in Mercs...because in the end there had to be some basic standards for mando armor to be called "Mandalorian".

Hey just remember, Boba Fett was'nt part of the bounty hunters guild in the first place, was'nt he the one who destroyed them.......

IIRC he joined them for something and in the end what happened was he got someone to do it for him. or somthing like that. Been a while the brain is getting foggy with all the new info on mando stuff Ive been ingesting.

Personally, I feel it's better that TDH and the 501st are separate entities.

Things seem to work fine just the way they are. So if it isn't broke, don't fix it. ;)

thanks for all the input everyone. I was hoping I'd get a little discussion going. some good ideas here too.

Now, I wouldn't ever want TDH to be a part of 501st, just for the politics of it. I just really think that we non-rebel, non-imperial guys should have a group of our own. I mean, bounty hunters are neither good nor bad, they work for both sides, so i feel like we are a part of another group.

I mean, if you look at the Star Wars CCG from back in the day, it was rebels, imperials, and aliens (aka everyone else). so, i still feel like we could have our own group, not to show up or take away from anyone else, but to show our non-aligned/bounty hunter pride.

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back