Cruzer Westar Run (rubber & resin)

Ok, I've got everyone on the list who has expressed interest. Looks like there's more interest in the resin sets which are a lot easier to make, so I'm going to go ahead and extend the resin list to 10.

Thanks for the interest,(y)
Cruzer

Got you down Darth Hobbes.

I'll have two pairs of fully decked out rubber blasters finished and ready to ship by tomorrow. PM me if anyone on the list is ready for them. If not, I'll offer them up to any late arrivals to the rubber blaster party!(y)

Those look great...both the resin and the rubber blasters. The $120 for the resin blasters is a great price too. I have my MR's but when I get some money I wouldn't mind having a set of stunt blasters! I gotta save my money for the shins and knees though! ;)

Here are a few pics of how the rubber versions look with "the works". These are the first successful pulls...so my #1s. The #2s are in the garage drying with a base coat of black paint. The handles will get a Medium Titanium final coat later tonight, followed by a coat of Titanium on the triggers and base parts. All of the paint finishes applied are SEMs, so it's made specifically for vinyle/soft surfaces and will withstand the small flexing that occurs in the rubber. Unfortunately, a single can of SEMs costs about $12, so it's quite a bit more expensive than the normal stuff. At the moment they are fun to build...but still a lot of work!:eek:

enjoy!

DSC08742.JPG

DSC08743.JPG

DSC08744.JPG

DSC08746.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow. :eek: Sometimes I wish I was doing a Jango.....Then evryone smacks me and makes sure I have funds enough to eat. :lol: (I pay for things to eat, I don't eat my $5 bills*).....

In all seriousness, they do look aboustly wonderfull! And I do wish I made more money. :lol:

*Subway commercial refrence :lol: ;)

They are shinier in person and especially in the sunlight, but I took these pics around 6 p.m. in the evening shade. But they do have the usual Rn'B shine.

I don't have any plans to paint up a resin pair, but I will if I can find some free time. I'm guessing a similar finish scheme would work: base coat of black on everything, rub down with 0000 steel wool, Dupli-Color Gray metallic paint on the handles, Dupli-Color Silver metallic on the triggers and bases, gold metallic on the barrels & tips, Rn'B on the barrels, triggers & bases, charcoal grey flat paint for the weathering.(y) I would use Dupli-Color brand paint on the resin versions because it is a very durable paint made for car/truck applications.(y)

Okay, I haven't seen this query posted anywhere, but I'm curious. Would it be possible to get a rubber barrel with a resin handle?

Glad you guys like them! If someone wanted to work hard enough spot filling, sanding, painting, sanding, painting, etc...the seams actually start to disappear.

Are you gonna ofer the blaster with the trick trigger?
Yes, as soon as I can mold it (maybe this weekend), it will be available as an alternative to the current handle. It's size and symetry works perfectly for twirling!

So should i just say, trick trigger for me? ¿porfavor?:lol: They do look amazing man! its hard to imagine that they are rubber!! K now you just need to add some sounds, maybe a red led at the tip:lol: jk man, keep it up!

Hey, Lorenzo - payment sent for a set of resin blasters plus metal detailing set - thanks again for making these available for such a reasonable price! Cheers - marcus

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back