Need a place to sleep for SDCC08 & I'm broke as a joke

slave1pilot

Well-Known Hunter
Hey guys
I'm calling upon your charitable sides.
I just found out last week that I will be going to SDCC08
I had not planned on going at all until my friends got me a pass on Wednesday.
I spent all my "disposable" income on fixing the house over the last few months
so now I need your help.
I need a place to sleep
1 night, 2 nights, 4 nights, anything
Since I have no money, I can't offer to pay my share
Sucks , I know. Was not my plan to mooch of of you guys, believe me.
That's not how I roll
Perhaps I can trade some mediocre prop painting talents in exchange for floorspace?
I'll not hang out in your rooms all day & become a burden
Just need a place to crash & take aquick shower to de-funk

I'm coming in on Thursday & leaving on Sunday
PM me if you can help

I am gonna be crashing in Carlsbad wednesday night. Then driving back to Santa Barbara early Thurday A.M. No problemo if your comin' down on wednesday. I am only coming down to set up the booth/table, wear my Fett for a few hours, then some din din and a cold Pacifico some where later in the evening. Don't worry , I am straight man :lol: :cheers

Wish I could help Nathan but things are a bit crazy with the new baby, or else I'd offer my house. I'll pm you my cell so at least if worst comes to worst you can hit me up and I'll do my best to help you out.

Not sure if I'll be able to make CC (I ALWAYS miss it) because I am dead broke right now :eek: but we'll see....you guys gotta call me up for dinner though!

Last edited by a moderator:
let me talk it over with the wife piece, ok? I live in La Mesa. I will be trolley timing it there. PSST, I get to ride for free. Having a badge helps ;) . I have cats to, in case your allergic. I would like to maybe talk with you to get to know you, if you dont mind? PM me if interested.

Thanx for all the responses
Slavefive has made the following contribution;

...in hoping that it will help our friend Nathan out...Sci-Fire will give the people that host Nate's stay their choice of either a HyperFirm E-11 or HyperFirm MG34...

Laters
Lewis

Hey there, Nate, due to events out of my control, ie my bill oops. I have to use a work PC but only here n there. If you so decide that I can spot you the place to crash please feel free to drop me a line. 619-739-0160. Thanks.

Hey Nate,

Let me check with my host. If he's cool with it, you can stay with me but I just have to be sure. No hyperfirm necessary, just got your back.

I will email or PM you with results by tomorrow.

Same here Nate. I PM'ed you what I have. Granted it isn't the closet hotel to the Con. But like I told you I am not about to leave you out in the cold.
NO hyper needed either. Just family looking out for one another oh wait.. you hate hugs..here this is better: :cheers (just pretend they are holding cozmo's) :)

I was wondering if you were going this year, since I hadn't heard from you in awhile, I guess I should be playing more COD4 to catch up !

Yo Gonzo ! Where are you staying this year ? Seeker, our host and I are staying at the Embassy Suites in Embarcadero...its a walk , but its a nice place !

i just found out i have a friend that's going down for sdcc. if i get a chance to talk to her i could ask about it. though i have no idea where she's staying. i am going to try to talk her into doing a star wars costume when she gets back too. maybe we could work out some sort of painting arrangement if that pans out.

Hey Jose,
Danny and I are staying at the Days Inn on Ash street with our friends Dan and Randi. It is about a mile away from the convention.

Is Dana staying with you guys?

I can't wait to see all you knuckleheads again. Wandering the streets of downtown SD in the wee hours of the mornings has become a annual tradition. :cheers:lol:

I was wondering if you were going this year, since I hadn't heard from you in awhile, I guess I should be playing more COD4 to catch up !

Yo Gonzo ! Where are you staying this year ? Seeker, our host and I are staying at the Embassy Suites in Embarcadero...its a walk , but its a nice place !

You could camp out in the Airstream with Quinton and I, but you'd have to be my "front man" in the spoon position!;):lol:

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back