What is Studio Creations

jedi paramedic

Active Hunter
What is S. C.

I just bought my wife a Stormtrooper costume to wear this Holloween. The guy I bought it from said he purchased it several years ago from "S. C.". Does anyone have any good or bad info on them? I've never heard of them.

Last edited by a moderator:
I bought a scout trooper armor from them two years ago and they make quality products and good service too. I believe they are members of the 501st as well.

I've got SC Scout Trooper armor and I can tell you they were great to deal with and their product is really top notch !! Highly recommend them.

Thanks a lot for the reply's to this. I feel much better about my purchase now. I'm sure my wife will be thrilled either way, but I think a little differently when it comes to costuming (hence I've never worn my Ebay purchased ROTJ Fett yet).

Also thanks for helping me out with learning about posting names and Abbr. to keep people happy.

Does anyone know what material they used back then. If feels like ABS, kinda thick. I will need to put some pieces back together (like the helmet). Also it has velcro for the enclosures (is this the best way to go)?

Hi,

I have the SC also for my TK.
It comes with ABS glue and velcro. Best is to get some industrial velcro (or extra strong velcro as it is call in Europe) and use the included velcro for emergency repairs.

The ABS is pretty good so far. I have been hit but some lightsabers but it doesn't show.

John

Studio Creations are among the first dare I say "innovators" in the Star Wars costuming world? They were the source of inspiration for a lot of people back in the day.

As far assembling your TK armor, instead of the velcro that came with the armor, you should use heavy duty elastics and snaps for the shoulder bells, biceps and thigh armor. For the ab plate, you should use straps and parachute buckles snapped or riveted into place like suspenders. This is how I assembled my sandtrooper armor and you will find that it will last longer and hold better when trooping than velcro.

i was looking into some SC scout armor... now i don't hav eto make my own thread :)

now i need to find scout bucket and diaper....

nice to see another medic btw

As far assembling your TK armor, instead of the velcro that came with the armor, you should use heavy duty elastics and snaps for the shoulder bells, biceps and thigh armor. For the ab plate, you should use straps and parachute buckles snapped or riveted into place like suspenders. This is how I assembled my sandtrooper armor and you will find that it will last longer and hold better when trooping than velcro.

Do you happen to have any pictures of this set up? The armor was already put together by the former owner with some "cheap" velcro which I will be removing. This idea sounds pretty solid, but I'm having trouble visualizing the whole ab plate set up. Thanks for all the help.

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back