GB made a RG

Gypsyboy

Active Hunter
Well, with my Vader helmet pretty much complete, and my Fett lid at the painting stage (still needs rangefinder head, but getting there), and a Stormtrooper noggin coming to me soon (which will be the only one I didn't make) I now can feel like I am approaching the final stages of my dream collection. This is my first RG casting with the first layer of paint. I'll give it a few days and sand it down and then spray it again.

photoshopvisor.jpg

HPIM1345.jpg

Yes. No. Yes. :)

It's scracth-built. I went by whatever decent pictures I could find on the web, and the very few measurements I was able to scare up. It's approx 10% larger than the Don Post version; many people were saying the DP was too small to get over thier grape.

Although I won't talk "business" here, I am offering castings.

Below is a series of pics that summarize the construction process.

rgframeside.jpg

HPIM1044.jpg

HPIM1201.jpg

HPIM1270.jpg

HPIM1293.jpg

RGSilicone.jpg

HPIM1326.jpg

HPIM1339.jpg

photoshopvisor.jpg

that's flippin sweet! might want to let brianthesith know. i saw him in his RG last weekend and he mentioned how little room he had in the helmet.

Thanks all.

Well, most people should have room in my lid. It's funny, when it was white it looked huge-mungous! beside my other helmets. Now that it's red suddenly it looks "normal".

I'm now starting to get more serious about finishing up my display shelf. I still need to make new bases for them all (matching ones). And I can see that I'm pushing the limits of space available.

Visors, need visors, for Fett and RG. I broke my last Fett visor while removing it for painting. Sigh. Oh well, at least the shop that sells the welding shields is not far from where I live.

HPIM1347.jpg

Awesome Guard helmet man, I was doing some research trying to find someone who was doing casts because I wanted to do a Carnor Jax. Much to my dismay, many of them sucked and finding a Don Post is well, like finding a Don Post.

"...finding a Don Post is well, like finding a Don Post."

That made me laugh out loud. It's so true. I remember the days when a Don Post helmets were held in some high regard.

Yippeee, can't wait for this one! I get #2 RG helmet. Woo Hoo. It was once
"Don Post 1985" Now the thing to have it the "GypsyBoy 2008"

So there you have it, I will have the GypsyBoy 2008 RG #2

Did I say Happy Am I??

Yippeee, can't wait for this one! I get #2 RG helmet. Woo Hoo. It was once
"Don Post 1985" Now the thing to have it the "GypsyBoy 2008"

So there you have it, I will have the GypsyBoy 2008 RG #2

Did I say Happy Am I??

Very close - the designation will be -

GB-RG

:lol:

Casting on that one will begin either this evening or tomorrow. If life didn't have other things lined up for me to do it would be done already.

Wow, I can't beleive thats from scratch! :eek: When I grow up...I want to be just like you. :lol: :p:facepalm

Last edited by a moderator:
Shucks, guys. You're gonna give me an ego... hang on. I already got one. lol

Thanks for the kind words. Now if I could just get the hang of painting that Boba noggin! I wanna tell ya, the more I try to get that thing painted properly the more I hold those who do such a great job on them in high regard. Boba = most difficult thing to paint EVER!

GB-RG

HPIM1350.jpg

HPIM1354.jpg

Had to fix a couple spots out of mold. No biggie... 10 minutes work. Unlike when I used f'glass, which often left me with 10 days work out of mold.

could you get a pic of one of them on someone? the size / proportions look great, but it would be easier to tell with a body in there :)

the don posts *JUST* fit my head, so i'm intrigued!

I can try to get such a pic, but I'm not very big, so it would look large on me. In fact, nobody in this house is very big. LOL I can give you some measurements if you think that would help.

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back