First Post, First Scratchbuild Helmet

VFett

New Hunter
First Post, First Scratchbuilt Helmet

Hello everybody !!!
This is V-Fett, I’m a French Boba Fett fan and this is my first scratchbuilt helmet ;). Three months ago I discovered The Dented Helmet and the amazing job made by Peter (aka AntMan) (y). I’ve been browsing and reading lots of threads looking for hints and tips regarding the building, painting and weathering process. I would like to thank all of you for sharing your tricks and your own experience in the building of our favorite Bounty Hunter’s helmet (y).

I registered at TDH to share my work with you, so here it is…and no desintegration please !!! 8)

1b.jpg

2b.jpg

3b.jpg

4b.jpg

5b.jpg

6b.jpg

7b.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
C'est magnifique!(y)(y)(y)

Dude, this is amazing, certainly for a first build! Did you use the W.O.F. templates? Do you have any progress pictures? What is the material you used? The fantastic paintjob looks topical but please correct me if I'm wrong.

Great job!!:cheers

Peter

BobaFettAvatar-animated01.gif

"With great power comes great responsibility"

Hi everyone and thanks a lot for your very kind comments so far (y)!!!
Antman---> your french is good ^^
I don't have any progress picture, sorry, I started taking pictures when my bucket was ready to get paint ...I used the fantastic W.O.F templates for the building as well as Count Dookie's templates for the paint and scratches.
I used only 2mn cardboard for the whole helmet and a sieve for the dome, and of course polypaste(or bondo) and sanding (all done by hand :p).
I airbrushed the whole bucket using Tamiya colors, the small paintjob was handbrushed using Humbrol colors. Et voila !!!;)

mini compresseur.jpg

wow you really have some serious painting skills!! is that wearable? it almost looks like half-scale. could just be the way close are. Either way it looks awesome!

wow you really have some serious painting skills!! is that wearable? it almost looks like half-scale. could just be the way close are. Either way it looks awesome!

Thank you !!! I know that my helmet looks smaller on the pictures than it is actually, this has really something to do with my camera...anyway it is full scale and wearable (well not anymore 'cause I had to glue a piece of cardboard on the inside so it can rest on its stand).;)

...I used the fantastic W.O.F templates for the building as well as Count Dookie's templates for the paint and scratches.
I used only 2mn cardboard for the whole helmet and a sieve for the dome, and of course polypaste(or bondo) and sanding (all done by hand :p).
I airbrushed the whole bucket using Tamiya colors, the small paintjob was handbrushed using Humbrol colors. Et voila !!!;)

A SIEVE??? for the dome?!?!:eek::eek:(y)(y) OH MY I may have to steal that idea for my next bucket I never would have thought of that, but I can see how that would work, I just gotta go to Bed Bath and WAAY Beyond.;)

Bravo.
I too am new to the site and must say that I am continuously impressed by the ingenuity on this site. I made my first helm from a football helmet, cardboard and papertowels. No really. It seemed to be the easiest way to make the curve on the mandibles. U

That is an amazing job! If you can do that on your first try I can't wait for your next project. :cheers

Thank you very much !!!
My next project will be a ROTJ Blaster, I hope it will be as fun as scratchbuilding the helmet. Again I have been looking at a lot of threads regarding the building and weathering techniques ( thank you The Dented Helmet (y)). I guess I will pretty soon realize if I've learnt something from all the members who share their tips and hints :lol:.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back