BobaMaker Helmet Wavy Brow?

I understand what you are saying Brian and I 99% agree. I just would not alter a BM bucket or not get one just because of such a minor thing. ;)

I guess that's where we differ... I wouldn't call something like that minor :)

I see the wavy brow and I think of the current state of the ESB hero, not a Jedi lid.

Is that wavy brow a repair on the ESB from the helmet being dropped? It cracked or fractured there and thats how the repair came out? What we see on screen?

Good point,

It's possible if this was seen on the exhibit helmet that this happened after filming.

It always looked straight to me in ESB, but there aren't enough shots to be 100%

What do we think guys? Is there a wave?

hiresesbboba2.jpg

It looks like it there, but i don't know if it's because of the glare playing optical illusion on me.

i'm 90% sure there is a wave, nothing is perfect. but i still have some slight doubt.

it also could be uneven paint that creates an optical illusion that the brow has a wave

maybe it was masked poorly? i dunno, just thinking on the other side

There is a wave in that pic and all the pics of the ESB helmet. That's the ESB helmet on the ROTJ suit as seen in the SE version of ANH. The ESB suit was stolen except for the helmet. Bobamakers helmet with the wave would replicate the ESB helmet. the mistery helmet makes for a great ROTJ helmet. The MSH (movie size helmet) i recieved , like about 6 years ago, from N******d has the wave on the brow. It was like the first one to have these nice details of the ESB helmet. The ROTJ and ESB helmets are shaped different too, so if i was doing a ROTJ fett i would get an ROTJ helmet not an ESB with ROTJ paint.

It's one less thing to upgrade later.

tk0000 said:
The ESB suit was stolen except for the helmet.

How do you know that? :facepalm The costume stolen was the PrePro 2, that it was the first option for the ESB film. Maybe this is the confusion.

Actually, (I think) the costume is the same that the RotJ one, but it was repainted, except for the JetPack and Helmet. This is what I think that it's said by members here. If I'm wrong, please, lmk. (y)

Last edited by a moderator:
What do we think guys? Is there a wave?

I can see it, very slight but it is there. I'll tell ya what I didn't notice until that pic there...look at the damage on the left mandable at the point...it looks like it has a chunk taken out of it!

Attachments

• what!.bmp
    800.6 KB · Views: 463
I can see it, very slight but it is there. I'll tell ya what I didn't notice until that pic there...look at the damage on the left mandable at the point...it looks like it has a chunk taken out of it!

Hey, you are right. What does that do to all our 100% screen accurate lids :lol:

where is my dremel?

I don't know, even in your pic I can see the wave. And looking at that the pic where I pointed it out, the fact it looks like a section missing, doesn't make me think lighting can do that good :lol:

Attachments

• what2!~.bmp
    999.4 KB · Views: 419
This is getting more interesting all the time. In the HD pic there definately looks like there is a bit missing on the mandible. On the 2nd pic i think it looks like that bit is still missing, just the angle hides it slightly (may be).

Saying that It is odd that we have never noticed this before. I kinda like the look of it though :)

Screenshot_3.png

Attachments

• 1.bmp
    800.6 KB · Views: 485
This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back