George Carlin passed away Sunday.

vadr h8r

Hunter
The greats keep falling!! My all time favorite comedian died of a heart attack Sunday night. He will be truly missed. If you have anything with Carlin in it give it a watch/listen today. thats the great thing about media. They maybe gone, but their legacy lives on!!

1937-2008

georgecarlin.jpg

My god. He's passed now, and Stan Winston just died last week. Two greats of their respected fields. I think I'm getting depressed. :( My White Sox just got swept too...bad weekend made worse :(

I was an extra in the movie "Bill & Ted's exellent adventure" filmed in AZ many moons ago and had the honor to meet George by his trailer on the set. he talked to a few of us for almost 25 minutes about all kinds of things. super, super nice guy and will be sadly missed.

Oh no...

I'll miss him... he always was able to pick out the simple things in life and show us for what they really are... (generally quite stupid)

Lets hear some memorable GC qoutes in his honour.. (but remember that this is a family friendly forum ;) )

"Something else we have in common. Flying on the airlines, and pretending that the language they use is really english"

..and the rest of the rant about the safety lecture is hilarious..

Last edited by a moderator:
WHAT!

this is the second bad hit right smack in the middle of the year.

Stan last week and now George, one of the funniest comedians you could ever see.

Some of the best stand up I've ever had the pleasure of attending.

I couldn't believe it when I heard this on the radio this morning. I've had the great fortune of meeting a few celebrities, and George Carlin always stands out in my mind as one who was a thoroughly nice guy, as mentioned by Bountyone. I've met several who looked down their nose at you or acted as if you weren't there at all, or worse, make your job harder--Carlin acted like we were people and chatted with us while the crowd gathered. What a shame.

What the HECK?!?

That's crazy!! I didn't know Stan Winston passed away last week!! Now George Carlin?!

"Be Exellent to Each Other!"
"Party On Dudes!"

Yeah, I was sad to hear this today:cry His stand up comedy was super funny:) I listened to his CD driving down to CIV last summer as a matter of fact

GC was the man that made comedy out of the simple things...loved his 7 dirty words...it never failed to make me laugh...and his kit about 'stuff'. :)

Another great has passed, Rest in Peace Mr. Carlin and thanks.

Stay safe,

Tim.

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back