The “Eyes” Fett helmet colors

Well my eyes are all kinds of jacked up right now looking at colors.

So far I have this

Helmet/mandible
Depot Olive
B-110044
Or
Coach Green
B-110048•S-130048

For the dark green that shows scars
Pullman Green
B-110045•S-130045

And the back side where the Key holes are
Earth
B-110081•S-13008

This can be found at
http://www.testors.com/fileshare/color_charts/110000_Floquil%20RR%20(Enamel).pdf

The red parts
Wisconsin Cntrl Maroon (Same as the ROTJ gauntlets)

Now the big problem is the lighting in the pic’s. So I’m going off the pic’s that were taken outside. Like the one or two that were taken out side.

So if you guys or gals would like to take a look at the colors and tell me what you think.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know of anywhere to get swatches. You just have to make some hard choices, and start buying a lot of paint! Even though it's not made anymore, Floquil German Field Gray was an approximate match to FS 34158. And take the Testor's PDF files with a grain of salt. Those are not always accurate to the real paint.

For military colors with a FS # go to http://www.colorserver.net/ It's a good way to compare tones and variations of color choices.

I don't know of anywhere to get swatches. You just have to make some hard choices, and start buying a lot of paint! Even though it's not made anymore, Floquil German Field Gray was an approximate match to FS 34158. And take the Testor's PDF files with a grain of salt. Those are not always accurate to the real paint.

For military colors with a FS # go to http://www.colorserver.net/ It's a good way to compare tones and variations of color choices.

Yeah I know those PDF files are not all that great, just take a look at some of them Fett colors. None of them are really a good match. Buying the paints are about the only way im going to find anything.

But ill be gone here shortly for four weeks so when I get back in Aug ill start on this again.

Its got to be a blue colour. All the other colours in the shots are exactly what we would expect, all except the armour and lid. Take a look at the kill stripes. Even with colour distortion at the most they appear orange instead of yellow. I personally don't believe these colours are that much out.

1.jpg

2.jpg

Sorry to dredge up this thread from the depths of summer. . . :eek:
Has anyone done any further research into the PP1 colors? I've always loved this helmet and would love to hear opinions about the paint scheme.
I may try this one eventually and I'm just starting to gather information.
Thanks!

Hi,
I think the armour colour is different to the EsB.
We have the same problems with the Pictures from the PP1 and ESB, colours changes with every picture...
Here´re some PP1 Pics, every one has a different light spot but I think the armour colour turns into a blue/green...
Sven

1stpreproductionbraids0rb2.jpg

BTW: you see the different Ammo Belt pouches?
shockbgkv6.jpg

bobafett039zm0.jpg

I hit a local hobby shop today and bought 3 colors to test out for the PP1.
All of them are from Testors Model Master line. There are no hobby shops within a reasonable driving distance that carry Floquil/Polly Scale. :(
On the swatch from left to right, I tried; RAF Sky Type S, Hellblau RLM 65, and Fulcrum Gray Green. I took 3 pics under slightly different lighting conditions and put them together.
I'm testing these against a pic of the helmet taken in sunlight. My feeling is this would give the truest interpretation of the helmet's color. Although it may be a little washed out. . . so it's hard to say. This is a tricky beast indeed! :wacko

originaleyes2kj.jpg

PP1colors.jpg

Thoughts? I think the RAF Sky may be sort of in the same "family." But I'm not sure. Too light? Too dark? Too green? Not bluish enough? But then under the brightest light, the RLM 65 looks good, too. Aaaaarrrgghhhh!! :lol:

No prob! The color of the PP1 has driven me nuts as well. IOnce you get over the color casts on the photos, many of the colors seem very similar to the ESB/PP3.

Not surprising, since I believe the PP1, ESB, and PP3 may have been painted by the same individual.

I can't find either Fulcrum Gray Green or RAF Sky Type S in an old Floquil catalog I have. RLM 65 is in there, but I've found with other RLM colors that the Testors version is miles away from the Polly Scale version. It's hard to say which is closer to the old Floquil version, but I'd bet on Polly Scale.

I'm surprised that Floquil didn't make RAF Sky, because it's a WW II color. They might have, but my info only goes back to 1995.

Trying to find the right paint will take a lot of time, and too many bottles of paint. I spray out samples on primered PVC to get a better idea of how the color will look. Good luck, and hang in there because it is frustrating!

-Ryan

100_2532.JPG

Thanks for the info, Ryan.
You know, the more I look at the RLM 65, the more I like it. Lee had mentioned checking out WWII German colors as well.
The only thing is that different companies have their own forumulas for mixing colors, even those that are supposed to match established 'mixes' or should conform to the FS color standards. So while the Testors Model Master RLM 65 might look OK, there's no telling if that's close to what Floquil makes/made.
Plus that's just one of many colors to be determined. It looks as though the mandible color is different, and the 2-tone damage on the back panels is different, too. There seems to be a slightly darker shade of the dome/cheek color used on the RF ear, and possibly the back panels.
Plus I don't think it's the best idea to trust any on-line color charts. Oh well, gotta keep trying. :)

I've always thought that the ESB and the PP1 had many of the same characteristics aswell, in terms of painting styles and colors used. So it would make sense that the colors would be fairly close to what we already use in terms of colors (ESB).....especially if both helmets were painted by the same person.

And RLM 65 was around back then.;)..

What also needs to be taken into account with any color list, even my own...is that about 4years ago, maybe longer, Testors had a slight "formula change", making allot of known colors not as exact as they once were.... which is the main reason why I'm saving my old paints for my own bucket.(y)

Hi,
I found a quite similar colour to this helmet picture.
The Colour is called "RAL 6027" or Lichtgrün
Here´s a list of different manufacturers:

Hobby Color - Gunze Sangyo Nr. 67
Humbrol Nr. 65
Revell Nr. 55
Tamiya Nr. XF23
Testors / Model Master Nr. 1562

75468657hu7.jpg

w533.png

Sven

Hmm. . . that actually looks sort of close to the RLM 65 I tried. It's Model Master Acryl #4778. The FS number was 35352.
Now of course I can't find the website I was looking at the other day that showed different colors together. :facepalm

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back