Is this 501st grade?

Do you understand me now?

Nope, still makes no sense at all, sorry. I don't understand why someone would want to give up on membership in the 501st because they don't want to spend $20 for shin tools or a spend a few hours to make them. Maybe it's a pride thing? "I refuse to make a set of shin tools based on the principle of it?" or something?

It's kind of like like saying if I can't get into a restaurant with no shirt then the restaurant must not be any good, rather than just putting the shirt on.

Not saying that he won't get in without them, seen a number of people in the 501st with questionable suits - just that it takes so little effort to do them and seem silly to throw away all that work and not join just because of that.

Anyway, sorry to hijack the thread. Again, good luck on the approval process.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think thats what hes asking... he has all the others ordered, (from Bobamaker, no less) he's just hoping to get the acceptance thing out of the way while he is waiting for them.. its not like he is waiting on a helmet. lol He is not telling the 501st I am not getting shin tools because I don't need them, accept me like this!!

Like it or not, shin tools are a required piece of the costume to be approved for the 501st. Jawafive, the club has it's rules and standards and no one is holding a gun to anyone's head to join. If someone wants to join then they are required to adhere to the rules. Pretty simple really.

Boba Swede, the costume looks good to me. Once you switch out your gloves, add the shin tools I'd take some higher-res shots if I were you. They'll help your GML approve your costume because he/she will be able to see it better and also you've just gotta show that bad boy off! You did a good job!

As for the thong, that's wasn't deemed as a required part considering it's ummm.... a thong. :lol: The shin tools, people know they're there. The thong... most don't.

Actually it mostly depends on the garison. I applied to the Midsouth Garrison of the 501st with my unaltered SFP fett which looked like this

Fettv12.jpg

as you can see it's pretty far from accurate or even adequate. I simply told them that this was what it was now, and I was in process of redoing the entire thing. I was approved, and I made sure to make good on my promise. which now looks like such....

160thSafetyDay004.jpg

(The groin piece came unbuckled so I simply went without it due to the temp being 100 degrees on the flightline)

FamilyDay_26.gif

Again not 100% scratch for scratch, but acceptable, and I'm still working and changing things such as I've got a BM vest that should be on it's way. It just depends on the garrison you applied to. I see no reason why you wouldn't be accepted with or without gloves/shin tools seeing as how they're already on their way to you. You certainly have a better starting point than I did.

Well heck Mandosoldier - with that big gun you're pictured with I would have accepted you too!!! :lol:

BTW - the changes look great and you can already see what a difference it has made with the ladies!

Seriously though, I have seen people accepted in suits that I have found questionable and I am pretty sure you'll be accepted first time out.

As vadr_h8r says, if you're just waiting for the tools then just tell them they are on the way and see what they say. The worst that could happen is that you might have to redo your pics and resubmit when they arrive - or you could just tell them that you don't want to join their club because they did not accept you the first time without the shin tools (sorry, but just had to throw that in ;) )

It may also depend on if they have a Fett in that Garrison. My Garrison has at least three really good Fetts, so I think they would be less likely to accept another in a uniform that might be considered unfinished.

Now, on an even more serious note - you really do need to weather the spats, they are too white.

I am also writing your GML a note telling him to check your thong. :lol:

Actually i've already sent my GML the very same pics as the ones posted here but in the original size as well as a pictures of the parts coming in from BM. So i'm hoping that it will be enough.

I posted the pics here with the video in hopes that it would settle my nerves and get the pros opinion of it. Incase my GML was clueless, which i doubt but it's always nice with a second opinion.

On a side note: The spats are weathered. I just didn't want to over do it.... but perhaps i do need to go over them again with some black and brown washes

Alright.. together with pics of my BM shintools and gloves i got the costume 501st approved... Hurray for me! (y)

BH0518approved.jpg

Congrats, Boba Swede. Your outfit looks great. I'm not at all surprised that you got accepted - even with the lack of shin tools (which I would never have noticed if you hadn't pointed it out).

160thSafetyDay004.jpg

(The groin piece came unbuckled so I simply went without it due to the temp being 100 degrees on the flightline)

So, where were you guys at for this event? Looks kind of like Barksdale AFB. And is that Fran Dresher (maybe a hotter version)?

(y)

:cheers

I bet that guy in the Wookiee suit was roasting in that thing. Ugh.

Wow, that's a great shot, bro! I love how still and clear you are while life just goes on around you. It really portrays the calm and collected nature of the character.

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back