Master Replica Pinch Fix "How I did it!"

Wow, that's a really great tutorial! I've kinda wanted to buy the MR for a while now but the pinch has put me off. I think I may think again. :)

Hey guys, I have a noob questions for ya! I am very aware of the details related to TK Armor, but new to the BF detail. I just bought a MR and I'm waiting for it to arrive. I saw this "pinch fix" and wondered two things;

1. Do all MR buckets have this narrowing, because the one I ordered didn't seem that way in the photos (guess I'll know soon enough, but thought I'd ask)

2. Someone posted this link as a shield replacement. **Here's the noob part** Is the shield actually green tinted similar to TK lenses, or is it grey or black? I wanted to order my new shield while I'm waiting on my MR to arrive, but wanted to order the correct type.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Regards,
Todd ::TK8847::
501st, DSG
*soon to be BF

Last edited by a moderator:
I just finished the repair to mine with this tutorial, I went another step and drilled the holes out for the screws on the new visor and then replaced them with ones that are about a 1/16" longer, excellent results.

W34payton, can't thank you enough for posting this!

I am waiting on getting an MR helmet from a member here and I'm pondering doing this. I am a bit concerned about realigning the helmet causing it to stress fracture over time. Any thoughts?

By the way yours looks great :)

Here's a stoopid noob question: If MR laser copied an original in the archive like they say, why is the visor not right? Is the original "pinched" too?

I was going to make the MR helmet my first purchase to get started on a Fett so what else is wrong with it that I'll need to fix?

So, I stopped being a lazy dope and found a thread that covers the topic of why the pinch is there, very interesting!

Last edited by a moderator:
HI all!
I'm a new member here and I'm planning to go for a Boba costume.
But ofcourse I have some questions, In ROTJ Boba Fett have a helmet with red straps and a difrent RF then in ESB, but on all other pictures then in the movie you see a ROTJ costume with ESB helmet, on Star Wars Exhibit it's a ROTJ costume with ESB helmet, on TK-409 he have pictures on a ROTJ costume but a helmet with yellow straps and a ESB RF look a like. And I have find some pictures on starwars.com and wookiepedia too.
I am really confused, what is the helmet for Boba FETT, I know that he have diffrent helmets, but why dose some use the ESB look a like helmet for a ROTJ costume is it wrong or right?
//Oscar//

Hey guys,

Thanks for all the kind words. I took some more pics of it tonight. I would just say if you're going to try this, just take your time and treat the paint gingerly. :cheers I love this helmet!!!

fett%201.jpg

fett%202.jpg

fett%203.jpg

fett%204.jpg

fett%205.jpg

Do all of the MR helmets have the same pinch in the mandibles? The ones they show up for sale on the internet don't seem to have the "pinch"?

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back