Where to get Neoprene?

JJPenguin

New Hunter
Hi there,

so I'm slowly starting to look into becoming Zam... and I can't find anywhere to get Neoprene in my neck of the woods.

Anyone know of anywhere in Europe that sells/stocks/ships it?

thanks!

Well... many of the Zam's here have ordered the lavender spandex/neoprene from TheStretchhouse.com and been real happy with it. I don't know their policies about shipping to Europe though. They might know of other retailers in Europe...

Worth a shot anyway. Good luck!

RE: StretchHouse...Their web site does mention that they do ship to other countries 'express' (whatever that might entail). They do ship pretty quick though; I got my order less than a week after ordering, so it might be worth looking into. Good luck! :)

If you order from there and can't get it shipped overseas, you could have it shipped to another member here on TDH who could bounce it over to you. I've done that for several members here on the forum.

yes the stretchhouse material is a very close second to the real thing. color wise its real nice and its much thinner and more comfortable to wear than the thicker neo..easy as pie to sew up as well...no need to spend huge cash on a seamstress.

The Stretchhouse fabric....what is the color and item ID? The specific name of the product.
nep4_3100lg.jpg

Is this it?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm 99.9% sure it's No. 4. The other "purple's" look way too blue to me. When I saw Jamie's costume, the color she had looked spot on to me... The only difference I could see between it and the real thing was the sheen.

I can look up that number for the stretchhouse fabric if you need it. Word to the wary, the very nice person on the phone for Stretchhouse told me that he won't be getting that fabric much longer.

Deunan "Shiruba"

Hi Schwartz,

My name is Jescica. I'm starting my Zam costume and am looking for the neoprene for the suit. I was hoping you wouldn't mind answering a couple of questions for me. I saw at the stretchouse that there is a spandex called Milliskin. Is that the type of spandex you used? The #4 looks very close to what is in this thread. Also, I'm haveing a hard time finding parts (shin guards, helmat, chest plate, greeblies, and toe guard) and the aluminum blaster. It's pretty much anything that has to be casted. I was wondering where you found youe parts. The info would be greatly appreciated and helpful. I hope to hear from you.

Thanks,
Jescica

It depends on how much your pattern calls for.... Most have needed somewhere between 4 and 5 yards. (there is always some extra). Figure out your pattern then your yardage.

If you're 5'2" and the original actress was 5'7", you may need to do some size rescaling on the parts, armor, and greeblies - make sure you warn whoever is casting those for you. When I have to rescale things to fit, I make a cardboard cut out of the part, tape it in place, and take pictures until it looks like the original costume.

Deunan Shiruba

There is no "one" pattern for this... Do a search on this section for some of the recommended patterns (there are several). The top is a modified t-shirt but the pants are more difficult.

While on this subject... Does anyone know of anyone who will do the seamstress work on the material?

I'm a really bad hand at sewing!

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back