Clear Coat Sealing

AncientFett

Jr Hunter
I'm getting ready to clear coat my helmet but there is no place around me that sells Testor's Clear coat. What would be the next best thing to use? I know that some clear coats say matte on them but they still give a glossy finish. Any input would be great.

in my experience, it's worth it to get the testors, even if you have to mail order it. the finish is much smoother and more consistently dull than any other i've tried, and i haven't had it melt the paint underneath, which i have had with other brands.

Yep, get mine at Walmart too. I only had a slight problem once. One time the clear caused a blotchy effect on some armor. The can was really low, almost empty. Not sure if that was the cause, or what. Since then, I just throw the can out when it gets really close to the end, don't take chances.

Will using testors dull coat take away from the shinyness of the dent and the other silver damage?

The Krylon will, I know that. I ended up adding more silver to my armor after matte-coating it with the Krylon matte. It was duller and blotchier after so I touched it up. My silver is topical via paint pen, so that might make a difference.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back